* [U-Boot] [U-boot] uboot support ext4 format command?
@ 2013-11-09  3:36 TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn
From: TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn @ 2013-11-09  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi, shankar:

It seems uboot currently supports ext4load / ext4ls / ext4write command.

Does it support ext4format command?

(such as : format NAND as ext4 filesystem?)

Best wishes,

* [U-Boot] [U-boot] uboot support ext4 format command?
@ 2013-11-09  7:27 ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-11-09  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn,

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 11:36:30 +0800, <TigerLiu@viatech.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi, shankar:
>
> It seems uboot currently supports ext4load / ext4ls / ext4write command.
>
> Does it support ext4format command?
>
> (such as : format NAND as ext4 filesystem?)

I don't think it does, but you can find out by looking at the
documentation and code.

Besides, I don't think being able to format a filesystem from
the bootloader is really needed; this task is best performed in a
full-fledged operating system IMO.

> Best wishes,

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] [U-boot] uboot support ext4 format command?
@ 2013-11-11  1:16   ` TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn
From: TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn @ 2013-11-11  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi, Albert:
>I don't think it does, but you can find out by looking at the
>documentation and code.

>Besides, I don't think being able to format a filesystem from
>the bootloader is really needed; this task is best performed in a
>full-fledged operating system IMO.

I aslo don't think uboot need a ext4 format tool.