* Upcoming Bug blitz weekend ( Feb 21 - Feb 24)
@ 2014-02-05 17:21 Khem Raj
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Khem Raj @ 2014-02-05 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer, openembeded-devel

Hi All

I would like to invite everyone to the bug fixing weekend which is
coming in 3 weeks from Feb 21 to Feb 24

Bugs in NEW status for OE-Core & related categories:

http://tinyurl.com/pu8vlaf

All bugs/enhancements in NEW status in interesting categories:

http://tinyurl.com/pjhrpwr

Please feel free to pick any of the bugs which you are interested in
and has no owner assigned to it
or no one committed to it in comments or so. If there is a doubt
please add a comment to bug or send email to existing assignee to
coordinate your fix.

Please assign the bugs to yourself beforehand and set the status to ACCEPTED

This is a potential list but not exhaustive, you are free to pick any
bugs that are not listed here
and fix them,

I also think it will be good to utilize IRC channel during the bug
blitz weekend for communicating
to supplement emails and mailing list communications

I will send the reminders of the event as we come close to it.

Looking forward to it

-Khem

* Re: Upcoming Bug blitz weekend ( Feb 21 - Feb 24)
@ 2014-02-05 17:27   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-02-05 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel, openembedded-core

On Wednesday 05 February 2014 09:21:01 Khem Raj wrote:
> Please feel free to pick any of the bugs which you are interested in
> and has no owner assigned to it

Just to clarify, all bugs in the Yocto Project bugzilla are assigned to
someone - this happens automatically. However, if they are in the NEW status
that means that the assignment is just provisional based on the component the
bug is in - if someone is working on the bug it would normally be set to
ACCEPTED. So you can see bugs in the NEW status as effectively unassigned.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: [OE-core] Upcoming Bug blitz weekend ( Feb 21 - Feb 24)
@ 2014-02-05 17:27   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-02-05 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembeded-devel, openembedded-core

On Wednesday 05 February 2014 09:21:01 Khem Raj wrote:
> Please feel free to pick any of the bugs which you are interested in
> and has no owner assigned to it

Just to clarify, all bugs in the Yocto Project bugzilla are assigned to
someone - this happens automatically. However, if they are in the NEW status
that means that the assignment is just provisional based on the component the
bug is in - if someone is working on the bug it would normally be set to
ACCEPTED. So you can see bugs in the NEW status as effectively unassigned.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: [OE-core] Upcoming Bug blitz weekend ( Feb 21 - Feb 24)
  (?)
@ 2014-02-06 16:26   ` Matthieu CRAPET
From: Matthieu CRAPET @ 2014-02-06 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Greetings,

I'd like to help. Is there anything to register?

Matthieu

* Re: [OE-core] Upcoming Bug blitz weekend ( Feb 21 - Feb 24)
@ 2014-02-06 16:36     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-02-06 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthieu CRAPET; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi Matthieu,

On Thursday 06 February 2014 16:26:18 Matthieu CRAPET wrote:
> I'd like to help. Is there anything to register?

You should create yourself an account on http://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org ,
but otherwise there's nothing to do except look through the bugs linked in
Khem's email, and if you find one that looks like something you'd be able to
work on, assign it to yourself and be around to work on it during the bug
weekend. (Of course if you want to you don't have to wait for the weekend to
start working on it if you prefer :)

Cheers,
Paul

--

@ 2014-02-12 14:18 ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2014-02-12 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

On 02/05/14 12:21, Khem Raj wrote:
> I would like to invite everyone to the bug fixing weekend which is
> coming in 3 weeks from Feb 21 to Feb 24

Maybe this notice should be posted to the blog?
https://www.yoctoproject.org/new

* Re: Upcoming Bug blitz weekend ( Feb 21 - Feb 24)
@ 2014-02-15 21:40 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2014-02-15 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer,
	openembeded-devel, Yocto list discussion

Fellow Developers,

Here I would like to remind us all that bug squash weekend is coming. In addition to the bugs mentioned in bugzilla, if you are interested to fix
bugs in other layers besides OE-Core then there are some world build failures recorded on OE wiki

http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Bitbake_World_Status

The links to failures logs are towards the end in above document.

Thanks
-Khem