* Removing package-management from conf/local, still yocto create packages
@ 2022-12-03  9:06 majid.nasiry65
From: majid.nasiry65 @ 2022-12-03  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi
Thank you for your supporting
I don't use packages (dep, rmp, ipk) in my project and I want disable making packages by yocto because it's take storage and time.
I delete EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "package-management" from my conf/local file but it's not worked for me and yocto is creating packages.

Please tell me how can I do this? Is package manager required any way?

* Re: [yocto] Removing package-management from conf/local, still yocto create packages
@ 2022-12-03 16:53 ` Quentin Schulz
From: Quentin Schulz @ 2022-12-03 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, majid.nasiry65

Hi,

On December 3, 2022 10:06:20 AM GMT+01:00, majid.nasiry65@gmail.com wrote:
>Hi
>Thank you for your supporting
>I don't use packages (dep, rmp, ipk) in my project and I want disable making packages by yocto because it's take storage and time.
>I delete EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "package-management" from my conf/local file but it's not worked for me and yocto is creating packages.
>
>Please tell me how can I do this? Is package manager required any way?

Yocto creates your root filesystem out of packages. It basically run apt/opkg/rpm locally to create this filesystem with the packages Bitbake created. As such, those packages are required and an essential part of the build system. You find those packages in build/tmp/deploy/{ipk/deb/rpm}/ if I remember correctly.

What you removed is the ability to run apt/opkg/rpm from your running target to install packages at runtime. Which is a different thing. Also a friendly reminder than it's not because you have apt/opkg/rpm that you can install packages from Debian/OpenWRT/Fedora/etc.. package feeds.

Cheers,
Quentin