* [Bridge] Bridge not working for 2.4.21 kernel
@ 2007-02-06  6:28 Suraj_Budha
From: Suraj_Budha @ 2007-02-06  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge

Hello All,

Hope someone will address my problem.

I configured my Linux box (2.4.21 kernel) with the
ebtables-brnf-10_vs_2.4.21 patch.

I had installed the bridge-utils package also.

As soon as the I type the following commands, it hangs

#ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0

#ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0

#brctl addbr br0

#brctl addif br0 eth0

#brctl addif br0 eth1

#ifconfig br0 up

The following scenario explains my setup:

Thank in advance.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Suraj

DISCLAIMER:

[-- Attachment #2: image002.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 4279 bytes --]

* Re: [Bridge] Bridge not working for 2.4.21 kernel
@ 2007-02-07  2:34 ` Leigh Sharpe
From: Leigh Sharpe @ 2007-02-07  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge

Your switch will forward traffic from N/W1 to N/W 2 without going
through your linux bridge. You should use two seperate switches and
bridge them with your linux box, or segment the switch with VLANs and
forward between them with your linux box.

Regards,
             Leigh

Leigh Sharpe
Network Systems Engineer
Pacific Wireless
Ph +61 3 9584 8966
Mob 0408 009 502
Helpdesk 1300 300 616
email lsharpe@pacificwireless.com.au
web www.pacificwireless.com.au

  _____

I configured my Linux box (2.4.21 kernel) with the
ebtables-brnf-10_vs_2.4.21 patch.

I had installed the bridge-utils package also.

As soon as the I type the following commands, it hangs

#ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0

#ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0

#brctl addbr br0

#brctl addif br0 eth0

#brctl addif br0 eth1

#ifconfig br0 up

The following scenario explains my setup:

Thank in advance.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Suraj

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL
AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or
copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in
this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies;
your cooperation in this regard is appreciated..

* [Bridge] Bridge not working for 2.4.21 kernel
@ 2007-02-06  6:53 Suraj_Budha
From: Suraj_Budha @ 2007-02-06  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bridge

@ 2007-02-06  6:46 Suraj_Budha