* [Fuego] Testing Fuego with QEMU
@ 2016-09-02 14:24 Viswambharan, Vibin (V.)
From: Viswambharan, Vibin (V.) @ 2016-09-02 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego; +Cc: Viswambharan, Vibin (V.)

Hi
  Recently after going through multiple issues in getting the docker working properly in the proxy environment today I was able to see the Fuego web frontend in my web-browser. Thanks Feugo works out of the box seamlessly ,though had to go through some painful configurations with docker-machine and network setup , getting to forget after seeing the test setup screen from Fuego....

Now I am stuck here , I can see the node selection provides me with a qemu-test-arm target. But its empty. How can I create a qemu-test-arm as a mock target and start verifying how the remote tests work. Is there is something helpful info to start on how to use qemu with Fuego. It QEMU available in docker container . I am not not an expert in networking and hence I struggle with all these thing when I am forced to make it work in the proxy environment. Can you please provide some guidance on this topic.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
--Vibin

* Re: [Fuego] Testing Fuego with QEMU
@ 2016-09-02 18:54 ` Bird, Timothy
From: Bird, Timothy @ 2016-09-02 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Viswambharan, Vibin (V.), fuego; +Cc: ltsi-dev

First, let me say congratulations on finding the mailing list.  I haven't even advertised it yet.
(As a side note, though, you should subscribe so that your e-mails are not moderated).

Thank you for your interest in Fuego.

I'll answer your questions inline below.

I'm pretty sure that the Cogent developers (who made this system originally)
were testing with a qemu system setup from the Yocto Project.

I will try to add some documentation to the Fuego wiki today about how to
set up a qemu environment that you can use for local testing.  But if you don't
want to wait for that to appear, try building a qemuarm image by following
the instructions at:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html

Once the image is running  (started with runqemu qemuarm), you may need to
create the fuego home directory (/home/a) inside the image, and verify that
the networking is working to the image, and that you can ssh to it from the host.
Double-check IPADDR, SSH_PORT, LOGIN and PASSWD in the fuego board file.
(in userdata/conf/boards/qemu-arm.board)

Sorry this is so cursory.  I'll try to put more details on the wiki.

Good luck.
 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] Testing Fuego with QEMU
@ 2016-09-06  9:09   ` Viswambharan, Vibin (V.)
From: Viswambharan, Vibin (V.) @ 2016-09-06  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bird, Timothy, fuego; +Cc: ltsi-dev

Hi Tim
  Thanks for the quick updates ,I checked the wiki today and could see the details you provided to setup with qemu-arm.
It looks like I can get there soon...

Btw , I subscribed myself to the mailing list prior to sending this query. However I haven't raised any confirmation link from the mailing admin for the subscription verification. I checked in my spam list as well but couldn't see anything from this list.

--Vibin