* [OpenRISC] cannot boot linux
@ 2019-04-14 14:46 Basel Sayeh
From: Basel Sayeh @ 2019-04-14 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Hello

I tried to boot linux via mor1kx cpu built via fusesoc for a qmtech Cyclone IV board
https://github.com/baselsayeh/qmtech_ep4ce15-multicore

Every time the kernel jumps to or32_early_setup, the cpu throws bus errors and jumps to 0x200

Here is gdb output just before the error
https://pastebin.com/U5izVPG9

How i can investigate this?
Thanks
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [OpenRISC] cannot boot linux
@ 2019-04-23  9:22 ` Stafford Horne
From: Stafford Horne @ 2019-04-23  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Hello Basel,

Sorry for delay I was off all last week.

What version of Linux are you using and what does your device tree look
like?  What version of the gcc toolchain are you using?

Also, have you tried the kernel gdb helpers?

Some examples here
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.10/dev-tools/gdb-kernel-debugging.html

-stafford

@ 2019-04-24 21:36   ` Basel Sayeh
From: Basel Sayeh @ 2019-04-24 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Hello Stafford,
I solved it by using the latest 9.0 gcc for or1k in stffrdhrn's repo
for some reason, gcc 7.2.0 was giving me a bus error, while gcc 9.0 is working.
A small question,
Do i need any special measures other than patching or1k.cfg to support smp other than
halt; load_image vmlinux; reg r3 0; reg npc 0x100; resume
?
https://github.com/baselsayeh/linux_things_openrisc/blob/master/or1k-dualcore.cfg

https://github.com/baselsayeh/linux_things_openrisc/blob/master/or1k-dev-dualcore.tcl

Sorry for sending this message twice, as I forgot to add the mailing list to the cc field
________________________________

@ 2019-04-24 22:44     ` Stafford Horne
From: Stafford Horne @ 2019-04-24 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Hello,

Good to hear it's working.  I do suggest trying out kernel gdb helpers the
lx-dmesg helper is a lifesaver.

For openocd I did a smp Port but it hasn't gone upstream yet. (Help
appreciated)

You can find my config and code here.

https://github.com/stffrdhrn/or1k-utils/blob/master/openocd/de0_nano.cfg

https://github.com/stffrdhrn/openocd/tree/or1k-multicore

- Stafford

@ 2019-04-25  8:02       ` Basel Sayeh
From: Basel Sayeh @ 2019-04-25  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openrisc

Thanks for replying Stafford.
I'll try the smp thing later today, and I will add my board config to the cores repo