* Re: [SPDK] Topic from last week's community meeting
@ 2018-04-18  1:36
From:  @ 2018-04-18  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Paul,

Thanks for you reply.

In the meeting,  I got good understanding about blobstore and related modules and applications,

and I shared that a few ideas were mainly about customized bdev modules.

My point is to develop a sample implementation suitable for SPDK of more flash friendly (sequential write) block store with some additional features, e.g., compression.

Utilizing both front-end and back-end of SPDK and implementing customized bdev layer will

require deep understanding of SPDK to us.

Any sample implementation may be helpful not only for us but also for community.

Activity from now on will be very experimental and not organizational yet. Hence pace may be very slow.

The first activity may be a patch with in a couple of months about indexed allocation, direct blocks, single indirect, double indirect, ...

I hope these make sense to you and we will be able to have more discussion in near future.

Thanks,
SHuhei

________________________________
From: helloway @ 2019-09-28  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Shuhei,

What do you mean the "log structured data store"? Does it mean K/V data will be directly converted into blobs which are stored in blobstore?

I am very interested in what you mentioned, I wonder whether it is related to the blobkv I have proposed? [0][1] Can you share more information with me? If you have some spare time, please visit them. I really hope to hear more about it from you.

[0]https://trello.com/c/pUk7psc3/62-blobkv-blobstore-object-design
[1]https://trello.com/c/K6Bj3KeO/63-blobkv-design-interface-to-add

Thx,
Helloway

On 04/18/2018 09:36,松本周平 / MATSUMOTO,SHUUHEI<shuhei.matsumoto.xt(a)hitachi.com> wrote:

[...]

[-- Type: text/html, Size: 6448 bytes --]

* [SPDK] Topic from last week's community meeting
@ 2018-04-17 14:31 Luse, Paul E
From: Luse, Paul E @ 2018-04-17 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk