* [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19  7:45
From:  @ 2017-12-19  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi All,

Now it looks that the auto test fails at the same location.

https://github.com/spdk/spdk/blob/master/test/lvol/test_cases.py

line 770

AddressSanitize detects heap-use-after-free.

By skipping the code test passed but nothing changes yet.

I think everyone is waiting for fixing this issue.

My test pass is fake and please do not rush to queue your patch into the GerritHub.

Of course I'm very glad if anyone is investingating the cause in parallel with me.

Thank you for your understanding,

Shuhei

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 2051 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19 10:47
From:  @ 2017-12-19 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Changpeng,

Thank you,

The issue looks very complex.
I’ll continue learning and I hope I can provide any help for lvol or ghost.

Thanks
Shuhei

2017年12月19日(火) 19:45 松本周平 <shuheimatsumoto(a)gmail.com>:

> Hi Karol,
>
> Thank you,
> I could look into lvol and asan a little and it was good for me.
> I was relieved you are already working on the issue.
> I could not help for you this time but I hope you will fix the issue
> successfully.
>
> Thanks
> Shuhei
>

> 2017年12月19日(火) 19:04 Latecki, Karol <karol.latecki(a)intel.com>:
>
>> Hi Shuhei,
>>

>> this fail was caused by configuration of ASAN on one of the test
>> machines, which revealed a bug when executing a certain lvol tasting
>> scenario. We are currently working on
>>
>> fixing the bug and ASAN is temporarily disabled on this server so that it
>> doesn't block the test pool.
>>

>> ASAN should be re-enabled later today.
>>
>> Sorry for inconvenience
>>

>> Karol

[-- Type: text/html, Size: 22455 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19 10:45
From:  @ 2017-12-19 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

Hi Karol,

Thank you,
I could look into lvol and asan a little and it was good for me.
I was relieved you are already working on the issue.
I could not help for you this time but I hope you will fix the issue
successfully.

Thanks
Shuhei

2017年12月19日(火) 19:04 Latecki, Karol <karol.latecki(a)intel.com>:

> Hi Shuhei,
>

> this fail was caused by configuration of ASAN on one of the test machines,
> which revealed a bug when executing a certain lvol tasting scenario. We are
> currently working on
>
> fixing the bug and ASAN is temporarily disabled on this server so that it
> doesn't block the test pool.
>

> ASAN should be re-enabled later today.
>
> Sorry for inconvenience
>

> Karol

[-- Type: text/html, Size: 21634 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19 10:04 Latecki, Karol

________________________________

宛先: spdk(a)lists.01.org<mailto:spdk(a)lists.01.org>

Hi All,

Now it looks that the auto test fails at the same location.

https://github.com/spdk/spdk/blob/master/test/lvol/test_cases.py

line 770

AddressSanitize detects heap-use-after-free.

By skipping the code test passed but nothing changes yet.

I think everyone is waiting for fixing this issue.

My test pass is fake and please do not rush to queue your patch into the GerritHub.

Of course I'm very glad if anyone is investingating the cause in parallel with me.

Thank you for your understanding,

Shuhei

Intel Technology Poland sp. z o.o.
ul. Slowackiego 173 | 80-298 Gdansk | Sad Rejonowy Gdansk Polnoc | VII Wydzial Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego - KRS 101882 | NIP 957-07-52-316 | Kapital zakladowy 200.000 PLN.

Ta wiadomosc wraz z zalacznikami jest przeznaczona dla okreslonego adresata i moze zawierac informacje poufne. W razie przypadkowego otrzymania tej wiadomosci, prosimy o powiadomienie nadawcy oraz trwale jej usuniecie; jakiekolwiek
przegladanie lub rozpowszechnianie jest zabronione.
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies; any review or distribution by
others is strictly prohibited.

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 22701 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19  9:40 Liu, Changpeng
From: Liu, Changpeng @ 2017-12-19  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

[...]

[-- Type: text/html, Size: 66319 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19  9:10

Now it looks that the auto test fails at the same location.

https://github.com/spdk/spdk/blob/master/test/lvol/test_cases.py

line 770

AddressSanitize detects heap-use-after-free.

By skipping the code test passed but nothing changes yet.

I think everyone is waiting for fixing this issue.

My test pass is fake and please do not rush to queue your patch into the GerritHub.

Of course I'm very glad if anyone is investingating the cause in parallel with me.

Thank you for your understanding,

Shuhei

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 6355 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19  9:05

Now it looks that the auto test fails at the same location.

https://github.com/spdk/spdk/blob/master/test/lvol/test_cases.py

line 770

AddressSanitize detects heap-use-after-free.

By skipping the code test passed but nothing changes yet.

I think everyone is waiting for fixing this issue.

My test pass is fake and please do not rush to queue your patch into the GerritHub.

Of course I'm very glad if anyone is investingating the cause in parallel with me.

Thank you for your understanding,

Shuhei

[-- Attachment #2: attachment.html --]
[-- Type: text/html, Size: 4837 bytes --]

* Re: [SPDK] It looks that auto test always fail and hence please do not rush to queue your patch into GerritHub.
@ 2017-12-19  7:55