* Change to kernel.bbclass broke kernel build when gcc does not support -ffile-prefix-map
@ 2017-08-22 12:19 Andrew Goodbody
From: Andrew Goodbody @ 2017-08-22 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

My build uses a version of gcc that does not support -ffile-prefix-map and this is now broken after I updated the tree to include the latest commit to kernel.bbclass "improve reproducibility" 012a70da7ae0617 by Juro Bystricky.

The patch introduces the line
cc_option_supported=`${KERNEL_CC} -Q --help=joined | grep ffile-prefix-map`
When gcc does not support -ffile-prefix-map, the grep will exit with a non-zero return code which is caught and causes the do_compile step to fail.

Thanks,
Andrew

* Re: Change to kernel.bbclass broke kernel build when gcc does not support -ffile-prefix-map
@ 2017-08-22 21:07 ` Bystricky, Juro
From: Bystricky, Juro @ 2017-08-22 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Goodbody, openembedded-core

Yes, the issue was reported by others as well, it should be fixed by this patch:

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=master-next&id=2b7646a113cca7698d8484fe14bdbb8683a5f8ab

@ 2017-08-23  9:35   ` Andrew Goodbody
From: Andrew Goodbody @ 2017-08-23  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bystricky, Juro, openembedded-core

> From: Bystricky, Juro [mailto:juro.bystricky@intel.com]
>
> Yes, the issue was reported by others as well, it should be fixed by this patch:
>
> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=master-
> next&id=2b7646a113cca7698d8484fe14bdbb8683a5f8ab
>
> > From: Andrew Goodbody [mailto:andrew.goodbody@cambrionix.com]
> >
> > My build uses a version of gcc that does not support -ffile-prefix-map and
> > this is now broken after I updated the tree to include the latest commit to
> > kernel.bbclass "improve reproducibility" 012a70da7ae0617 by Juro
> Bystricky.
> >
> > The patch introduces the line
> > cc_option_supported=`${KERNEL_CC} -Q --help=joined | grep ffile-prefix-
> map`
> > When gcc does not support -ffile-prefix-map, the grep will exit with a non-
> > zero return code which is caught and causes the do_compile step to fail.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrew

Great, thanks,
Andrew