* Revealed root
@ 2004-04-01 12:15 bigfish
From: bigfish @ 2004-04-01 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

One of our reporters has collected the testimony of a SCO secretary.
The woman, Darlyn McBride, confessed the sad story of Linux lawsuit origin.

I was hired on Thursday 27 June 2002 [1] and since than I worked for our
management creating short reports from technology and analysts websites. On
Wednesday 22 January 2003 I delivered a report with a mispelling error
inside. I was quoting an enterprise environment analysis that suggested to
start "using Linux". Sadly I misplaced the first letter, so I wrote "suing
Linux". Few hours later I discovered the error after the company announced
[2] that has "estabilished SCOsource to License Unix Intellectual Property".
I'm sorry if a little error is causing so many problems, but I'm sure that
this situation will have a happy end.

[1] http://ir.sco.com/releases.cfm?Year=2002
[2] http://ir.sco.com/releases.cfm?Year=2003

* Re: Revealed root
@ 2004-04-01 19:40 ` Rob Couto
From: Rob Couto @ 2004-04-01 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

> start "using Linux". Sadly I misplaced the first letter, so I wrote "suing

that happens to me constantly. always typing 'jsut' and not 'just'. persistent
typo problem i have... glad i'm not in charge of anything important

--
Rob Couto [rpc@cafe4111.org]
Rules for computing success:

* Re: Revealed root
@ 2004-04-04 13:55 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2004-04-04 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

 wrote:

> One of our reporters has collected the testimony of a SCO secretary.
> The woman, Darlyn McBride, confessed the sad story of Linux lawsuit origin.
>
> I was hired on Thursday 27 June 2002 [1] and since than I worked for our
> management creating short reports from technology and analysts websites. On
> Wednesday 22 January 2003 I delivered a report with a mispelling error
> inside. I was quoting an enterprise environment analysis that suggested to
> start "using Linux". Sadly I misplaced the first letter, so I wrote "suing
> Linux". Few hours later I discovered the error after the company announced
> [2] that has "estabilished SCOsource to License Unix Intellectual Property".
> I'm sorry if a little error is causing so many problems, but I'm sure that
> this situation will have a happy end.
>

> [1] http://ir.sco.com/releases.cfm?Year=2002
> [2] http://ir.sco.com/releases.cfm?Year=2003

Surely among the best April's fool up to now :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Can't you see
It all makes perfect sense