* Are both TFTPd and TFTPd-HPA handled in one YP version ?
@ 2019-12-02 16:00 jean-francois.darocha
From: jean-francois.darocha @ 2019-12-02 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Sorry, I’m a newbie in YP. I use YP Morty 2.2 and from it, I’d like to know which YP version(s) is able to handle both tftpd and atftpd or (tftpd-hpa) ?
Thank you for your support !
J-Fr+

* Re: [yocto] Are both TFTPd and TFTPd-HPA handled in one YP version ?
@ 2019-12-02 20:01 ` Morne
From: Morne @ 2019-12-02 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

>Sorry, I’m a newbie in YP. I use YP Morty 2.2 and from it, I’d like to know
>which YP version(s) is able to handle both tftpd and atftpd or (tftpd-hpa) ?

Are you referring to loading the kernel and dts files from tftp during bootup as
part of a TFTP & NFS setup ?

If so, that is simply something you configure in U-Boot and any of the YP
versions will work.

		- Morné

* Re: [yocto] Are both TFTPd and TFTPd-HPA handled in one YP version ?
@ 2019-12-03  8:23   ` jean-francois.darocha
From: jean-francois.darocha @ 2019-12-03  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: morne, yocto

Thanks Morné,

I'm looking for a trigger to handle both tftp deamons (tftpd and tftp-hpa) but could we have an YP image embedding these 2 tftp servers ? You said Yes.
If it's handling could be done through a simple U-Boot configuration then it answers to my question, but what could this trigger be at the runtime ?
Sorry for my simpleminded questions.

BR / J-Fr+

@ 2019-12-03  8:51     ` Morne
From: Morne @ 2019-12-03  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

>I'm looking for a trigger to handle both tftp deamons (tftpd and tftp-hpa) but
>could we have an YP image embedding these 2 tftp servers ? You said Yes.
>If it's handling could be done through a simple U-Boot configuration then
>itanswers to my question, but what could this trigger be at the runtime ?

I think I misunderstood your original question...Can you explain in detail again
exactly what you are trying to accomplish ?

		- Morné

* Re: [yocto] Are both TFTPd and TFTPd-HPA handled in one YP version ?
@ 2019-12-03 12:58       ` Jean François DAROCHA
From: Jean François DAROCHA @ 2019-12-03 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: morne, yocto

Sure,

I've got 1 YP image with tftpd and another one with tftp-hpa daemon
I'd like to merge these 2 YP images embedding the both tftp deamons in a single YP image, Is it possible ?

BR / J-Fr+

@ 2019-12-04  7:18         ` Morne
From: Morne @ 2019-12-04  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

>I've got 1 YP image with tftpd and another one with tftp-hpa daemon
>I'd like to merge these 2 YP images embedding the both tftp deamons in a single
>YP image, Is it possible ?

I suggest having a look at the relevant recipes at the openembedded layer index.
You can filter per yocto version. Check if the either of the two recipes list
any conflicts. If not, it should be possible, although you would have to make
sure you config them not to listen on the same port.

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/layers/

		- Morné

* Re: [yocto] Are both TFTPd and TFTPd-HPA handled in one YP version ?
@ 2019-12-04  8:08           ` Jean François DAROCHA
From: Jean François DAROCHA @ 2019-12-04  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: morne, yocto

Thank you very much for the suggestion to parse existing builds
Yes, the best way is to listen through different ports via specific configuration.

Have a nice day !
BR/J-Fr+