* Upcoming OpenFabrics Alliance Webinar
       [not found] <431809995.52859932.1602077964742.JavaMail.zimbra@redhat.com>
@ 2020-10-07 13:54 ` Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2020-10-07 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma

Hi all,

Next week at 1pm EDT is a webinar about the new Fabric Software Development Platform (FSDP).  This is a high level presentation about what we are doing.  This is in line with the new testing program we discussed at the 2019 OFA workshop.

I *strongly* encourage any upstream maintainers related to RDMA to attend (that would be kernel maintainers, rdma-core maintainers, libfabric, ucx, openmpi, etc. maintainers).  The FSDP is intended to run CI testing of both upstream kernel and user space projects related to RDMA technologies (it need not be a direct RDMA technology, but one that RDMA interacts with is sufficient to qualify, so NVMe because of NVMEoFabrics is a qualified upstream project for the cluster to run CI on).  As an upstream maintainer, this is your opportunity to see where the cluster design is going and have input into the how the cluster is built.  Keep in mind that hardware has already started to arrive, so this is a case of "speak now, or suck it up".

Also, the cluster is intended to be a place where upstream developers that might have access to limited types of RDMA hardware (Hi Chuck!), but who wish to be able to test across a much broader suite of hardware could log into the cluster and run their tests.  Upstream developers who work for companies that are members of the OFA are automatically qualified for an account on the FSDP.  However, upstream developers working for companies unrelated to RDMA technologies, but who none-the-less end up working on stuff that touches the RDMA stack anyway (Hey HCH!) are also eligible for free individual memberships in the OFA, which grants them eligibility for an account on the FSDP so they too can test their code before sending it.

The presentation next week is fairly high level and does not get too deep into the details of the structure of the FSDP.  This is because the FSDP is just now being built (the first orders for hardware have been placed, servers that control the cluster have been built, now we are starting to build the cluster out) and we still have some flexibility in how things are designed as a result.  This is the upstream community's opportunity to make sure their voice is heard in regards to that design.

I look forward to seeing all of you there, and don't forget to register so we can make sure the webinar is sized sufficiently for the number of attendees.

Doug Ledford

------------  Begin forwarded message  ------------------
New OFA Webinar
Introduction to OFA’s Fabric Software Development Platform (FSDP)
October 13 at 10 a.m. Pacific
One Week Remaining to Register
http://bit.ly/OFAWebinarFSDP

As a reminder, the OpenFabrics Alliance (OFA) will host a webinar highlighting the new Fabric Software Development Platform (FSDP). This webinar is an ideal opportunity for the OFA Community to learn about the new FSDP program, the FSDP Working Group charter and target objectives, which was highlighted in recent a recent OFA blog series (Part 1, Part 2).

Date/Time: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at 10 a.m. Pacific

Registration:  http://bit.ly/OFAWebinarFSDP

Presenters: OFA FSDP Co-Chairs Tatyana Nikolova of Intel Corporation and Doug Ledford of Red Hat, Inc.

Title: Introduction to OFA’s Fabric Software Development Platform (FSDP)

About: The new Fabric Software Development Platform (FSDP) project is a vendor-neutral cluster owned and maintained by the OFA for the benefit of its members to develop, test, and validate new and existing network technologies. FSDP offers OFA members an opportunity for serious cost reduction in testing, validation, and development, and provides an invaluable service to the open source community of maintainers as they support open source networking software integration.

In this webinar, OFA FSDP Co-Chairs Tatyana Nikolova of Intel Corporation and Doug Ledford of Red Hat, Inc. will cover:

    Origins of FSDP Project
    Introduction to FSDP Usages
        Continuous Integration Testing Service
        On-Demand Development and Testing Program
        Logo Testing
    How to Join / Contribute

Please contact press@openfabrics.org with any questions.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD

* Re: Upcoming OpenFabrics Alliance Webinar
@ 2020-10-08  4:43   ` Zhu Yanjun
From: Zhu Yanjun @ 2020-10-08  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford, linux-rdma

"Date/Time: Tuesday, October 13, 2020, at 10 a.m. Pacific"

This is Beijing time about 1 am.
Can we record this meeting and share it?

Thanks
Zhu Yanjun

@ 2020-10-08 13:41     ` Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2020-10-08 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhu Yanjun; +Cc: linux-rdma, Joe Balich

Absolutely.  Joe, can we make sure this is done please?

@ 2020-10-08 15:19       ` Joe Balich
From: Joe Balich @ 2020-10-08 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford, Zhu Yanjun; +Cc: linux-rdma

Hi Doug, no problem - the recording should be posted to www.OpenFabrics.org shortly after the webinar concludes.