* [SPDK] PMEM over RDMA (RPMEM) Support Status in SPDK
@ 2020-03-02 22:27 Gruher, Joseph R
From: Gruher, Joseph R @ 2020-03-02 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

I'm just curious about the support for PMEM over RDMA Ethernet in SPDK.  I assume it will be similar functionally to NVMe/NVMeoF, but for PMEM... eventually.

I was wondering if you can point me to a website, whitepaper, or person where I could get a general sense of SPDK support for PMEM, both implemented as of today, and future roadmap/schedule.

I'd love to test it out in my lab when it is mature enough for that to be a reasonable thing to attempt, as I am fairly well equipped with RDMA capable NICs and with PMEM equipped systems, and experienced with using SPDK with NVMe/NVMeoF, but I'd like to wait until it is reasonably mature, so trying to get a sense of where we are today, and when might be a reasonable target date to try and engage with some basic testing / proof-of-concept type work.

Thanks,
Joe Gruher

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-02 22:27 UTC | newest]