* RE: Repo in strange state
       [not found] <MWHPR21MB0160A79296BD2875F99B5C1B8BD89@MWHPR21MB0160.namprd21.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2020-12-29 20:03 ` Christohper Boorman (Protiviti Inc)
From: Christohper Boorman (Protiviti Inc) @ 2020-12-29 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I attempted to paste a command into the git bash, but accidentally selected "Select All". The next thing I knew, the bash scrolled like crazy, as it tried to execute dozens of commands. I couldn't get it to stop scrolling, so I closed the bash window.

Now I'm in a strange situation:

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

Untracked files:
  (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
        FETCH_HEAD

nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

I attempted to use git restore FETCH_HEAD, but I got an error (git said it's not a file).

So how do I fix this situation? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Christopher Boorman

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-29 20:04 UTC | newest]