* OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open discussion
@ 2018-02-26 23:16 Michael.E.Brown
From: Michael.E.Brown @ 2018-02-26 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

From the first working group meeting, one discussion item was the meeting time. We had decided last week to host the inaugural meeting at 4pm CST on Feb 26. We are intending to continue holding meetings on Monday at 4pm CST going forward.

We had representation from Microsoft, Intel, Dell, and some IBM folks on the call today. It seems to work reasonably well at this time. Is there anybody that really must be part of this working group who cannot make this time work and needs us to change the meeting time? This is the chance for open discussion on this topic.
--
Michael

* Re: OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open discussion
@ 2018-02-27  2:48 ` Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian
From: Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian @ 2018-02-27  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael.E.Brown; +Cc: openbmc

"openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+hramasub=in.ibm.com@lists.ozlabs.org> wrote on
02/27/2018 04:46:55 AM:

> From: <Michael.E.Brown@dell.com>
> To: <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
> Date: 02/27/2018 06:32 AM
> Subject: OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open discussion
> Sent by: "openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+hramasub=in.ibm.com@lists.ozlabs.org>
>
> From the first working group meeting, one discussion item was the
> meeting time. We had decided last week to host the inaugural meeting
> at 4pm CST on Feb 26.

I didn't realize we _decided_ on this time.

> We are intending to continue holding meetings
> on Monday at 4pm CST going forward.

Please don't. This time (3:30am IST) is _not_ convenient to me.

> We had representation from Microsoft, Intel, Dell, and some IBM
> folks on the call today. It seems to work reasonably well at this
> time. Is there anybody that really must be part of this working
> group who cannot make this time work and needs us to change the
> meeting time?

Yes. I recall voting for 8am/9am CST.

@ 2018-02-27  3:42   ` Michael E Brown
From: Michael E Brown @ 2018-02-27  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian; +Cc: Michael.E.Brown, openbmc

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 08:18:40AM +0530, Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian wrote:
>    "openbmc" <openbmc-bounces+hramasub=in.ibm.com@lists.ozlabs.org> wrote
>    on 02/27/2018 04:46:55 AM:
>    > From: <Michael.E.Brown@dell.com>
>    > To: <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
>    > Date: 02/27/2018 06:32 AM
>    > Subject: OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open
>    discussion
>    > Sent by: "openbmc"
>    <openbmc-bounces+hramasub=in.ibm.com@lists.ozlabs.org>
>    >
>    > From the first working group meeting, one discussion item was the
>    > meeting time. We had decided last week to host the inaugural meeting
>    > at 4pm CST on Feb 26.
>    I didn't realize we _decided_ on this time.

This was the consensus in the meeting today. But I promised I would ask because I know there were voices I didn't hear.

Ed or I will send out a poll (I need to figure out how, I think Ed knows how already).

>    > We are intending to continue holding meetings
>    > on Monday at 4pm CST going forward.
>    Please don't. This time (3:30am IST) is _not_ convenient to me.

Secret message received! :)

>    >
>    > We had representation from Microsoft, Intel, Dell, and some IBM
>    > folks on the call today. It seems to work reasonably well at this
>    > time. Is there anybody that really must be part of this working
>    > group who cannot make this time work and needs us to change the
>    > meeting time?
>    Yes. I recall voting for 8am/9am CST.

We will make that one of the options.

--

@ 2018-02-27 23:19     ` Tanous, Ed
From: Tanous, Ed @ 2018-02-27 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael E Brown, Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian; +Cc: openbmc

> Ed or I will send out a poll (I need to figure out how, I think Ed knows how
> already).

Poll for meeting times is up here:  https://goo.gl/forms/WlZ4ajhQqgDzkFvC2

I started with the times list that Michael originally proposed;  If there are any popular times, I can also add them to the list.  Please try to reply before Thursday at 5PM PST.  I will aggregate the responses then.

I will do my best to find a time that works for everyone.

-Ed

* RE: OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open discussion
@ 2018-02-27 23:22       ` Michael.E.Brown
From: Michael.E.Brown @ 2018-02-27 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ed.tanous, hramasub; +Cc: openbmc

Add a Monday 9am CST (7am PST) option so that I can vote for that. :)
--
Michael

@ 2018-02-27 23:26         ` Tanous, Ed
From: Tanous, Ed @ 2018-02-27 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael.E.Brown, hramasub; +Cc: openbmc

> Add a Monday 9am CST (7am PST) option so that I can vote for that. :)
> --
> Michael

Added.

* RE: OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open discussion
@ 2018-03-02  7:38           ` Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian
From: Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian @ 2018-03-02  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanous, Ed; +Cc: Michael.E.Brown, openbmc

"Tanous, Ed" <ed.tanous@intel.com> wrote on 02/28/2018 04:56:45 AM:

> From: "Tanous, Ed" <ed.tanous@intel.com>
> To: "Michael.E.Brown@dell.com" <Michael.E.Brown@dell.com>,
> "hramasub@in.ibm.com" <hramasub@in.ibm.com>
> Cc: "openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
> Date: 02/28/2018 04:56 AM
> Subject: RE: OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open
discussion

> > Add a Monday 9am CST (7am PST) option so that I can vote for that. :)
> > --
> > Michael
> >

> Added.

Do we have enough votes / consensus on the time ?

* RE: OpenBMC Redfish Working Group - meeting times open discussion
@ 2018-03-02 22:08             ` Tanous, Ed
From: Tanous, Ed @ 2018-03-02 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hariharasubramanian Ramasubramanian; +Cc: Michael.E.Brown, openbmc

Yes, the final meeting time will remain Mondays at 4PM.

The data came back as follows:
Mondays 4PM CST: 8 votes
Thursdays 9AM CST: 5 votes
Thursdays 12PM CST: 5 votes
Friday 8am CST: 4 votes
Mondays 9am CST: 6 votes

Monday at 4PM CST is also the time that the highest number of people that reported they have contributed open source redfish code were available.

Pradeep and Hariharasubramanian were the only ones not available during that time period.  I don't want you to feel like you are being excluded, but there were no times that worked for everyone.  I will do my best to take judicious notes, and will post them publically.  IF you have agenda items that you guys would like me to bring up on your behalf, I'm happy to have a phone call with you guys at a time that's convenient to make sure your viewpoints are heard in the meeting.

We can re-evaluate the meeting time in the March 26th meeting, and see if the results have changed.

Based on this, the next meeting will be 3/5/18 at 4PM CST.

Suggested meeting agenda and call for topics to be sent out in another email shortly

-Ed