* Problems retrieving the OMAP linux GIT database
@ 2007-02-15 16:54 Jens Bretschneider
From: Jens Bretschneider @ 2007-02-15 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap-open-source

Hi,

I am trying to build my local GIT database for OMAP development. When I am
using GIT 1.5.0 or even GIT 1.4.4, I get an error after a couple of 100MBs
... and the downloaded data is useless. What I have done is:

git clone http://source.mvista.com/gittrees/linux-omap-2.6.git
linux-omap-2.6-mv
walk 712622ef081d84ab8523767dbd2e824b9e077919
walk f6bb6492db52c1d82e89321bf7790846a3ae9e2b
error: Couldn't get
http://source.mvista.com/gittrees/linux-omap-2.6.git/refs/heads/old for
heads/old
The requested URL returned error: 404
error: Could not interpret heads/old as something to pull
Wed Feb 14 20:21:02 CET 2007

Any idea what I am dong wrong? Direct internet access is not possible, I
have to use an HTTP proxy.

Regards,

Jens Bretschneider

* Re: Problems retrieving the OMAP linux GIT database
@ 2007-02-16  8:18 ` Jens Bretschneider
From: Jens Bretschneider @ 2007-02-16  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Bretschneider; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source-bounces, linux-omap-open-source

Could someone just be so kind and confirm that the used URL for
downloading the sourcetree is right? Is there any other feasible way if
HTTP does not work?
Has someone encountered the same problems?

http://source.mvista.com/gittrees/linux-omap-2.6.git

Many thanks!

Jens Bretschneider

Jens Bretschneider <jens.bretschneider@nxp.com>
Sent by:
linux-omap-open-source-bounces@linux.omap.com
2007-02-15 17:54

linux-omap-open-source@linux.omap.com
cc

Subject
Problems retrieving the OMAP linux GIT database
Classification

@ 2007-02-19 13:35   ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2007-02-19 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Bretschneider; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source, linux-omap-open-source-bounces

Hi,

* Jens Bretschneider <jens.bretschneider@nxp.com> [070216 00:23]:
> Could someone just be so kind and confirm that the used URL for
> downloading the sourcetree is right? Is there any other feasible way if
> HTTP does not work?
> Has someone encountered the same problems?
>
> http://source.mvista.com/gittrees/linux-omap-2.6.git

I've repacked the tree, can you try now? Also you may want to try
the kernel.org tree at:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6.git

Regards,

Tony