* MT9P031 manual BLC
@ 2013-02-19 12:34 Camera.Geomatics
From: Camera.Geomatics @ 2013-02-19 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media; +Cc: laurent.pinchart

Hi,
I am looking for advise on the MT9P031 manual black level calibration. I
can see that the MT9P031 driver on the mainline kernel supports manual BLC
with the V4L2_CID_BLC_* controls.
Even though I use an older version of the MT9P031 driver, controlling of
black level calibration is handled the same way with the same registers
and bits as on mainline revision. compared to my version. When I try to
use manual BLC instead of automatic black level calibration I get kind of
a strange vertical interlaced pattern. I was able to adjust black level
with
MT9P031_ROW_BLACK_DEF_OFFSET
MT9P031_GREEN1_OFFSET
MT9P031_GREEN2_OFFSET
MT9P031_RED_OFFSET
MT9P031_BLUE_OFFSET
but haven?t get rid of that vertical line interference. As soon as I
switch back to automatic BLC, the pattern is gone. Has anyone already
experienced such a behavior?
The documentation about register MT9P031_BLACK_LEVEL_CALIBRATION (0x62)
seems to be removed on newer datasheets. Are there any known issues with
manual BLC which caused Aptina to remove the description of this register?
Regards,
Daniel Blaser

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-02-19 12:47 UTC | newest]