* PCIE Hotplug on P2010(mpc85xx) ?
@ 2012-07-09 19:44 Joakim Tjernlund
From: Joakim Tjernlund @ 2012-07-09 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxppc-dev

Trying to get the pciehp module to work on the above system.
I can see it register but then nothing happens. I suspect there is
something missing that I don't see ATM. Any clues what to look for?

 Jocke

* RE: PCIE Hotplug on P2010(mpc85xx) ?
@ 2012-07-20  8:15 ` Zang Roy-R61911
From: Zang Roy-R61911 @ 2012-07-20  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Tjernlund, linuxppc-dev

I do not think P2010 has a functional pciehp module in the pcie controller.
Roy

@ 2012-07-20  8:35   ` Joakim Tjernlund
From: Joakim Tjernlund @ 2012-07-20  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zang Roy-R61911; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Zang Roy-R61911 <r61911@freescale.com> wrote on 2012/07/20 10:15:46:

> I do not think P2010 has a functional pciehp module in the pcie controller.
> Roy

Maybe there is, see my latest mail to the list (today) titled:
mpc8xxx PCIe hotplug needs fixing, some clues

@ 2012-07-20  9:31     ` Zang Roy-R61911
From: Zang Roy-R61911 @ 2012-07-20  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joakim Tjernlund; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

No. if you check the hotplug register in configuration space in
P2010, which missrd some important bit define for hotplug, for example,
"Data Link Layer State Changed" in slot status register.
And more, hotplug needs extra hardware pin in the silicon, which is missing=
 for P2010.
Roy

@ 2012-07-20  9:57       ` Joakim Tjernlund
From: Joakim Tjernlund @ 2012-07-20  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zang Roy-R61911; +Cc: linuxppc-dev

Zang Roy-R61911 <r61911@freescale.com> wrote on 2012/07/20 11:31:31:

> [...]

Too bad, but one might be able to use something else, just guessing though.
However, performing a manual rescan should do the trick.

Perhaps you could comment on the "mpc8xxx PCIe hotplug needs fixing, some clues" mail too?

> And more, hotplug needs extra hardware pin in the silicon, which is missing for P2010.

Ohh, what is the name of this pin?

 Jocke