* OpenBMC GUI Design Workgroup - Today 10:00 AM Central Time
@ 2020-08-19 13:55 Derick Montague
From: Derick Montague @ 2020-08-19 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello,

I apologize for the late notice. Here is the agenda for today's GUI Design Work Group.

- Changes to BMC Web Login and continued work on phosphor-webui
- Use utility classes
- Discuss Server LED layout -https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/issues/18
- Discuss button styles on Local user management page - https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/issues/12 	Help wanted items
- Design Review items
- Demo of working Web UI progress

Please visit the wiki for connection info and notes from past groups.
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/GUI-Design-work-group

Thank you!

Derick Montague
FED Lead | OpenBMC Design Team Lead
IBM Cognitive Systems User Experience

* GUI Design Workgroup - BMCWeb login change
@ 2020-08-19 22:41 ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2020-08-19 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Derick Montague, openbmc

On 8/19/20 8:55 AM, Derick Montague wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I apologize for the late notice. Here is the agenda for today's GUI Design Work Group.
>
> - Changes to BMC Web Login and continued work on phosphor-webui

Derick, the "BMCWeb login change" [1] also came up in the security
working group meeting.  Folks were interested in getting the questions
answered rather more quickly.

What is the best way to resolve the issues?  Email?  Video conference?
IRC chat?  Or continue with the gerrit review?

- Joseph

[1]: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/35457

> - Use utility classes
> - Discuss Server LED layout -https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/issues/18
> - Discuss button styles on Local user management page - https://github.com/openbmc/webui-vue/issues/12 	Help wanted items
> - Design Review items
> - Demo of working Web UI progress
>

> Please visit the wiki for connection info and notes from past groups.
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/GUI-Design-work-group
>

> Thank you!
>
> Derick Montague
> FED Lead | OpenBMC Design Team Lead
> IBM Cognitive Systems User Experience

* Re: GUI Design Workgroup - BMCWeb login change
@ 2020-08-19 22:52   ` Derick Montague
From: Derick Montague @ 2020-08-19 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jrey; +Cc: openbmc

> Derick, the "BMCWeb login change" [1] also came up in the security
> working group meeting.  Folks were interested in getting the questions
> answered rather more quickly.

> What is the best way to resolve the issues?  Email?  Video conference?
> IRC chat?  Or continue with the gerrit review?

That is a great question for the community. We are trying to find a way to
accommodate this WITHOUT having to manage the login page in BMC Web. Maybe
we can gather a list of people that are interested and set up a Webex
discussion. We should probably post the question in IRC also to make the
request a bit broader than email.

* Re: GUI Design Workgroup - BMCWeb login change
@ 2020-08-19 23:06   ` Ed Tanous
From: Ed Tanous @ 2020-08-19 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Reynolds; +Cc: Derick Montague, OpenBMC Maillist

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 3:43 PM Joseph Reynolds <jrey@linux.ibm.com> wrote:

> What is the best way to resolve the issues?  Email?  Video conference?
> IRC chat?  Or continue with the gerrit review?

Gerrit or the mailing list, that way it's documented for the next time
it gets brought up, and we can point to the discussion later.

* Re: GUI Design Workgroup - BMCWeb login change
@ 2020-08-20 15:57     ` Joseph Reynolds
From: Joseph Reynolds @ 2020-08-20 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tanous; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist, Derick Montague

On 8/19/20 6:06 PM, Ed Tanous wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 3:43 PM Joseph Reynolds <jrey@linux.ibm.com> wrote:
>> What is the best way to resolve the issues?  Email?  Video conference?
>> IRC chat?  Or continue with the gerrit review?
> Gerrit or the mailing list, that way it's documented for the next time
> it gets brought up, and we can point to the discussion later.
 > From Derick:

> That is a great question for the community. We are trying to find a way to
> accommodate this WITHOUT having to manage the login page in BMC Web. Maybe
> we can gather a list of people that are interested and set up a Webex
> discussion. We should probably post the question in IRC also to make the
> request a bit broader than email.

It seems to me the review [1] has stalled and is not making progress and it feels like resolving the issue will be a difficult discussion.  And it is often easier to have those discussions face-to-face (or at least audio) which convey more information faster.  So I think I am advocating for a video conference.  And then post the minutes of that conference to the email list [2].

- Joseph

[1]: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/35457
[2]: Oops, I think I just volunteered for that role.