* AVRCP support required in Bluez 4.98 or 4.101
@ 2014-05-20  7:20 Vinod Rayapudi
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vinod Rayapudi @ 2014-05-20  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner

Dear Team,

I am working with Bluez 4.98 and 4.101 version.
Due to some project related constraints we are not able to move to Bluez 5+ versions.

I want to use AVRCP and where as in Bluez 4.98 or 4.101 versions, I couldn't find any support for PLAY,PAUSE,STOP,FORWARD etc.

Can anyone help me, how to add these features with Bluez 4+ version.

With Bluez 4.98, I can see that VolumeUp and Down controls in d-feet but from hcidump shows those commands are not implemented.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod.
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

* Re: AVRCP support required in Bluez 4.98 or 4.101
@ 2014-05-20 15:13 ` Luiz Augusto von Dentz
From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz @ 2014-05-20 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vinod Rayapudi; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner

Hi,

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Vinod Rayapudi <vinod.rayapudi@tcs.com> wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> I am working with Bluez 4.98 and 4.101 version.
> Due to some project related constraints we are not able to move to Bluez 5+ versions.
>
> I want to use AVRCP and where as in Bluez 4.98 or 4.101 versions, I couldn't find any support for PLAY,PAUSE,STOP,FORWARD etc.
>
> Can anyone help me, how to add these features with Bluez 4+ version.
>
> With Bluez 4.98, I can see that VolumeUp and Down controls in d-feet but from hcidump shows those commands are not implemented.

You are mostly on your own with 4.x, you can try backporting from what
is currently upstream but there is no support for 4.x anymore.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz

* Help required for Bluez manual installation
@ 2014-05-22  8:00 ` Vinod Rayapudi
From: Vinod Rayapudi @ 2014-05-22  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner

Hi,

I have installed Bluez 4.98 from Synaptic.

When I download the code for Blue 4.101 and installed in my machine, nothing is working.

I have replaced 'bluetoothd' and 'libbluetooth.so.3.xx' files.
Are there any other files , that I need to overwrite with the existing ones.

Can anyone suggest me, what and files are mandatory when we compile and code and replacing the libraries.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod.

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

* How to debug Bluez stacj
@ 2014-05-22  8:01 ` Vinod Rayapudi
From: Vinod Rayapudi @ 2014-05-22  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth, linux-bluetooth-owner

Dear Team,

I am working with Bluez 4.x version.

I want to debug Bluez stack.

Can anyone help me, how to debug the stack.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinod.

and any attachments. Thank you