* [tpm2] Re: : AW: Re: get TPM applications to happily co-exist
@ 2021-04-28 20:42 Kenneth Goldman
From: Kenneth Goldman @ 2021-04-28 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

> From: Ted Kim <ted.h.kim(a)oracle.com>
>
> OK, but then the problem of preventing other applications from evicting
> persistent objects from our application doesn't seem to have a solution,
> except by locking down the owner hierarchy (e.g. my application has the
> password) - which doesn't seem very friendly. How does any other
> application create a primary object, etc. ?

A typical design has the owner create a primary storage key with an empty
password and make it persistent at a standard handle.

	That's similar to the TPM 1.2 SRK.

Each application creates a key hierarchy under that storage key, with
whatever authorization they want.

The problem with a well-known owner auth is that everyone can Dos
the TPM.