* Re: Guest Machine is not Pingable from Host Machine
       [not found] ` <OF8B2F924F.894C6787-ON65257E03.0016A853-65257E03.0016D247@LocalDomain>
@ 2015-03-09 15:49   ` Arkajit Ghosh
From: Arkajit Ghosh @ 2015-03-09 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ngo Doan Lap; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi,

Can any one please suggest how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards
Arkajit Ghosh

From: Ngo Doan Lap <lapngodoan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Date: 03/06/2015 08:52PM
Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw@public.gmane.org

Hi,
Can you show the log output of OVS? and the ouput of following command
cd path/to/ovs/utilities/
 ./ovs-ofctl show br0
 ./ovs-ofctl dump-flows br0
(Assum that br0 is a bridge name that you had created)

From: Arkajit Ghosh @ 2015-03-10  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ngo Doan Lap; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi,

Can any one please suggest how to proceed now.

Thanks & Regards
Arkajit Ghosh

./utilities/ovs-vsctl set bridge datapath_type=netdev
./utilities/ovs-vsctl add-port ovsbr0 dpdk0 -- set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk
./utilities/ovs-vsctl add-port ovsbr0 dpdk1 -- set Interface dpdk1 type=dpdk
./utilities/ovs-vsctl show

Please find the attachement for bridge and dpdk-port creation..

Now, If i do "ifconfig -a" the created bridge ovsbr0 is showing Broadcast Running and Multicast but ip address was not given. So i had assign an IP-address to ovsbr0 which previously Eth1 had.

So, now I try to ping this guest machine ip address from its host.  Here is the output.

ping 192.168.1.7
>From 192.168.1.40 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
>From 192.168.1.40 icmp_seq=5 Destination Host Unreachable
>From 192.168.1.40 icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable
>From 192.168.1.40 icmp_seq=7 Destination Host Unreachable
>From 192.168.1.40 icmp_seq=8 Destination Host Unreachable
>From 192.168.1.40 icmp_seq=9 Destination Host Unreachable

I believe it should be pinged from its host machine. Can please let  me know what is the issue and how to proceed.

Thanks & Regards
Arkajit Ghosh

 Guest machine is not pingable from Host machine after creating a bridge with datapath_type "netdev" in the configuration database and adding  dpdk ports. Can anyone please let me know what is the issue.

 Thanks in advance.

 Thanks & Regards
 Arkajit Ghosh

 =====-----=====-----=====
 and any attachments. Thank you

--

@ 2015-03-10  4:55       ` Ngo Doan Lap
From: Ngo Doan Lap @ 2015-03-10  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arkajit Ghosh; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi Arkajit,
I can't find your attachment.

@ 2015-03-10  5:17       ` Arkajit Ghosh
       [not found]         ` <OFD4A92FD3.0B72BB0E-ON65257E04.001D14E4-65257E04.001D154A-/cgKlWMm3F8@public.gmane.org>
       [not found]         ` <CAEgdzZLuJWWCFLCmZC6E09y9Cgxe24WRyKdVTb1G3iMGEbu-KQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Arkajit Ghosh @ 2015-03-10  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ngo Doan Lap; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi,

@ 2015-03-10  8:06           ` Ngo Doan Lap
From: Ngo Doan Lap @ 2015-03-10  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arkajit Ghosh; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi,
You need use dpdkvhost port for VM, not dpdk port.
For example, here is the log
9029690c-9544-4ad0-aa41-b018c1a755e2
    Bridge "br1"
        Port "dpdkvhost1"
            Interface "dpdkvhost1"
                type: dpdkvhost
        Port "br1"
            Interface "br1"
                type: internal
        Port "dpdk0"
            Interface "dpdk0"
                type: dpdk
        Port "dpdk1"
            Interface "dpdk1"
                type: dpdk
        Port "dpdkvhost0"
            Interface "dpdkvhost0"
                type: dpdkvhost
  Please refer to this link
https://01.org/sites/default/files/page/intel_onp_server_release_1.2_benchmark_test_report_v1.0.pdf
(Page 40,41,...53..)
It will help you to setup OVS correctly.

--
Thanks and Best Regards,
Ngo Doan Lap

@ 2015-03-10  9:02           ` Arkajit Ghosh
From: Arkajit Ghosh @ 2015-03-10  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ngo Doan Lap; +Cc: dev-VfR2kkLFssw

Hi,

Ok. Thanks a lot. Give me some time. I will go through the .pdf file page numbers as you mentioned. Once done I will let you know.

Once a again thanks a lot for your support and quick response.

Thanks & Regards
Arkajit Ghosh