* Openbmc test Release tagging for Community Release
@ 2019-01-17 16:38 George Keishing
From: George Keishing @ 2019-01-17 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi All,

We are going to tag a openbmc test release soon for the community master
release testing. So, expect 2.3 tag version soon there in a week time from
now, once the test code and master are stable.

As part of the release tagging in test, we are freezing any new changes
for now in test except for CI/CT fixes required to support testing the
Master 2.6 .

Recent  release 2.2 stable.
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/releases

Thanks and Regards,
   George Keishing
   IBM Systems &Technology Lab, Firmware Development,

* Re: Openbmc test Release tagging for Community Release
@ 2019-01-18 15:07 ` krtaylor
From: krtaylor @ 2019-01-18 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 1/17/19 10:38 AM, George Keishing wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are going to tag a openbmc test release soon for the community master
> release testing. So, expect 2.3 tag version soon there in a week time
> from now, once the test code and master are stable.

No, we are in the middle of a test cycle for the 2.6 release. We agreed
and switched from the informal tags to a formal release process last
June/July. Why do we need to tag master at an earlier level? Please come
to a release planning meeting and let's talk about what you need.

> As part of the release tagging in test, we are freezing any new changes
> for now in test except for CI/CT fixes required to support testing the
> Master 2.6 .

I don't understand this at all. What is "release tagging in test"? We
have a 2.6 branch and master (which is also at 2.6+ level).

Kurt (krtaylor)