* [U-Boot] help command not working in u-boot
@ 2009-09-16  8:26 Rupesh Kumar
From: Rupesh Kumar @ 2009-09-16  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi

I have added a new command in the "test_cmd" u-boot. after adding test_cmd
, help command  and many of the other commands are not working. help
command gives
Unknown command 'help' - try 'help'.
tftp gives
Unknown command 'tftp' - try 'help'.
The command i have added is working fine.
I have seen the u-boot.map file, in this file all the commands are
defined.
Can you please tell me what may be wrong.

Thanks
Rupesh

* [U-Boot] help command not working in u-boot
@ 2009-09-16 12:16 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2009-09-16 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear Rupesh Kumar,

In message <OF0D18AFED.10D56B57-ON65257633.002E3D05-65257633.002D3A5F@lntemsys.com> you wrote:

> I have added a new command in the "test_cmd" u-boot. after adding test_cmd
> , help command  and many of the other commands are not working. help

Do you think we can guess what's wrong with your code withoiut even
showing us your changes?

Sorry, seems my crystal ball is in dire need of an ectoplasmic
upgrade.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Things are not as simple as they seem at first.        - Edward Thorp

* [U-Boot] help command not working in u-boot
@ 2009-09-16 13:23 ` Detlev Zundel
From: Detlev Zundel @ 2009-09-16 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Rupesh,

> I have added a new command in the "test_cmd" u-boot. after adding test_cmd
> , help command  and many of the other commands are not working. help
> command gives
> Unknown command 'help' - try 'help'.
> tftp gives
> Unknown command 'tftp' - try 'help'.
> The command i have added is working fine.
> I have seen the u-boot.map file, in this file all the commands are
> defined.
> Can you please tell me what may be wrong.

Instead of us playing guessing games, why don't you post the changes
that you did, so we have a better idea what might be wrong?

Apart from that I can only speculate that you incorrectly used the
U_BOOT_CMD macro.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
You cannot teach what you do not know
You cannot lead where you will not go.

* [U-Boot] help command not working in u-boot
@ 2009-09-16 13:43   ` Rupesh Kumar
From: Rupesh Kumar @ 2009-09-16 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi all,

Thanks for the help & Sorry for the confusion created.
Actually while copying U-boot to NAND flash, somehow by mistake, full
U-boot image was not copied. As a result this problem was created.
Now i have fixed the problem by copying complete u-boot image.

Thanks
Rupesh

Detlev Zundel <dzu@denx.de>
09/16/2009 06:53 PM

Rupesh Kumar <Rupesh.Kumar@Lntemsys.com>
cc
u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject
Re: [U-Boot] help command not working in u-boot

Hi Rupesh,