* Question about nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross
@ 2022-07-06  3:31 leimaohui
From: leimaohui @ 2022-07-06  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie (richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org), openembedded-core

Hi, Richard

I added nativesdk- qemuwrapper-cross into my meta-toolchain, and found the content of nativesdk-qemuwrapper script is like the following:
# cat /opt/poky/4.1+snapshot/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/crossscripts/nativesdk-qemuwrapper
#!/bin/sh
# Wrapper script to run binaries under qemu user-mode emulation
set -x

if [ True = False -a "nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross" != "nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross" ]; then
        echo "qemuwrapper: qemu usermode is not supported"
        exit 1
fi

qemu-x86_64 -r 3.2.0  -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$D/opt/poky/4.1+snapshot/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib:$D/opt/poky/4.1+snapshot/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/lib "$@"

Reference to qemuwrapper-cross, it seems that nativesdk qemuwrapper-cross is not correct.
Why the "qemu_binary " is " qemu-x86_64"? Shouldn't it be "qemu-aarch64 "?
Is it better to change nativesdk qemuwrapper-cross to qemuwrapper-cross-canadian-${MACHINE}?

Best regards
Lei

* Re: Question about nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross
@ 2022-07-06  9:12 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2022-07-06  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leimaohui, openembedded-core

On Wed, 2022-07-06 at 03:31 +0000, leimaohui@fujitsu.com wrote:
> Hi, Richard
>
> I added nativesdk- qemuwrapper-cross into my meta-toolchain, and found the content of nativesdk-qemuwrapper script is like the following:
> # cat /opt/poky/4.1+snapshot/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/crossscripts/nativesdk-qemuwrapper
> #!/bin/sh
> # Wrapper script to run binaries under qemu user-mode emulation
> set -x
>
> if [ True = False -a "nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross" != "nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross" ]; then
>         echo "qemuwrapper: qemu usermode is not supported"
>         exit 1
> fi
>

> qemu-x86_64 -r 3.2.0  -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$D/opt/poky/4.1+snapshot/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/lib:$D/opt/poky/4.1+snapshot/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/lib "$@"
>
> Reference to qemuwrapper-cross, it seems that nativesdk qemuwrapper-cross is not correct.
> Why the "qemu_binary " is " qemu-x86_64"? Shouldn't it be "qemu-aarch64 "?
> Is it better to change nativesdk qemuwrapper-cross to qemuwrapper-cross-canadian-${MACHINE}?

A nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross would run binaries from the SDK under
qemu, so if SDKMACHINE was x86-64, that would be correct.

It sounds like you want a qemuwrapper-cross-canadian-${MACHINE} which
is something different.

Cheers,

Richard

* RE: Question about nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross
@ 2022-07-07  1:04   ` leimaohui
From: leimaohui @ 2022-07-07  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie, openembedded-core

Hi, Richard

Thanks for your reply.

> A nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross would run binaries from the SDK under qemu, so
> if SDKMACHINE was x86-64, that would be correct.

OK, it seems that I didn't get the usage of nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross every well.

> It sounds like you want a qemuwrapper-cross-canadian-${MACHINE} which is
> something different.

The problem I have is that when I created a rootfs(aarch64) under SDK environment by nativesdk-dnf, there were postinstall errors occurred with some packages(such as glib-networking) which included postinstall script using qemuwrapper.
So, I added nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross into meta-toolchain, and hope it can work as qemuwrapper-cross under build system. But it seems that qemu-${SDK_MACHINE} which nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross provided can't work for aarch64 rootfs.
I have no good idea how to do. Should I added another qemuwrapper-cross such as qemuwrapper-cross-canadian-${MACHINE}?
I wonder if you can give me some advises?

Best regards
Lei

* RE: [OE-core] Question about nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross
@ 2022-07-07  1:29     ` Chen, Qi
From: Chen, Qi @ 2022-07-07  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leimaohui, Richard Purdie, openembedded-core

As far as I know, qemuwrapper-cross should work in such case. You need to use qemuwrapper-cross instead of nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross.

Regards,
Qi

@ 2022-07-08  2:45       ` leimaohui
From: leimaohui @ 2022-07-08  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen, Qi, Richard Purdie, openembedded-core

Hi, Qi

> As far as I know, qemuwrapper-cross should work in such case. You need to use
> qemuwrapper-cross instead of nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross.

Oh, it seems the solution. Correct qemuwrapper script can now be added into meta-toolchain. Why did I pay all my attention to nativesdk-qemuwrapper-cross!
Thank you very much for your reply.

Best regards
Lei