* Intel Wireless 9560AC speed parity between Linux and Windows
@ 2022-04-16 22:56 Mátyás Bene
From: Mátyás Bene @ 2022-04-16 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Dear devs,

I am looking for some performance tuning tips to achieve speed parity with my Intel Wireless 9560AC wifi card connected to an 5Ghz AC network in a Lenovo X1E Gen 1, between Windows (achieving approx. 24MBytes/sec download from my NAS) and Linux (18.5MBytes/sec download) running kernel 5.17.1.

The access point (and NAS at the same time) is a 3x3 Asus RT-AC68u router (supporting only 80Mhz bands, not 160Mhz, unlike the card itself)

So far the best settings I could find for /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf:

options iwlwifi 11n_disable=8 power_save=0
options iwlmvm power_scheme=1       # this does not seem to have any effect.

However, this is still ~6MBytes/sec slower throughput than when booting Windows on the same laptop. Other than the OS/driver on the laptop, everything is the same (the downloaded file, the position of the laptop, etc).
I'd appreciate any advice you can provide to reach the same wireless speeds under linux as in windows.
Thanks.
Regards,
M.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-04-16 22:56 UTC | newest]