* RE: [fd-dev] Re: Clipper printing problem with FreeDOS: try this...
       [not found] <1630514773-1463792382-1048118952@topica.com>
@ 2003-03-22  4:20 ` Bart Oldeman
From: Bart Oldeman @ 2003-03-22  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fd-dev; +Cc: norman, linux-msdos

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Eric Auer wrote:

> Hi Norman,
> well, thank YOU. You found the versions of FreeDOS at which
> 1. File locking started to work better (2026) and
> 2. Clipper printing broke (2027).
>
> This will probably help the kernel experts to figure out WHY
> 1. and 2. did happen, and how to solve 2. - maybe all this
> even helps with figuring out the "Clipper double locking"
> problems...

1. is because file region locking was not implemented at all for
network drives before kernel 2026.
2. I don't know. I've never used Clipper; but try to produce a log using
dosemu -D+dD -o log
using both FreeDOS kernel versions and watch the differences; that might
reveal something.

Bart

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-03-22  4:20 UTC | newest]