* Re: Redhat 2.4.20 kernel problems
@ 2003-06-22 14:59 Jay Denebeim
From: Jay Denebeim @ 2003-06-22 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Aschwin Marsman wrote:

> Have you already updated your system to the latest errata kernel and
> packages?

Yes, that's the one that has the problem.

> You could try to send an email to a Red Hat mailing list:
> http://www.redhat.com/support/forums/

Ah, that sounds like a plan, thank you kindly.

Jay

--
* Jay Denebeim  Moderator       rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5mod@deepthot.org                *

* Re: Redhat 2.4.20 kernel problems
@ 2003-06-22  7:49 ` Aschwin Marsman
From: Aschwin Marsman @ 2003-06-22  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jay Denebeim; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Jay Denebeim wrote:

> In case anyone is still interested, I finally got around to trying a
> kernel.org 2.4.20 version.  No problem.  So it's not in the kernel
> tree.  I compiled it using the /boot/config-2.4.20(whatever) that
> Redhat shipped, so it's not a module/option issue.  The kernel was
> signifigantly smaller than the redhat one as well by several hundred
> K.
>
> The problem was this, under the redhat kernel shipped on CD for redhat
> 9 and updated for redhat 8 my SO's computer locks up when she moves
> her mouse after booting.  It's a USB mouse.  The system just freezes.
>
> I haven't seen an Ooops or anything like that.  The syslog is
> forwarded over tcp to my system, so I may see it even with the lock
> up.
>
> I assume the problem is a lost interrupt or something along that line,
> but this is just a gut feeling.
>
> How should I contact redhat about this issue?  It's going to be a
> problem upgrading her system if she can't run a stock kernel.  I tried
> writing a friend of mine at Redhat Erik Troan, but his old redhat
> address doesn't work any more.

Have you already updated your system to the latest errata kernel and
packages?

You could try to send an email to a Red Hat mailing list:
http://www.redhat.com/support/forums/

> Jay

Have a nice weekend,

Aschwin Marsman

--
aYniK Software Solutions         all You need is Knowledge
P.O. box 134                     NL-7600 AC Almelo - the Netherlands

* Redhat 2.4.20 kernel problems
@ 2003-06-22  6:55 Jay Denebeim