* DOSEMU 1.1.5.5 for testing
@ 2003-07-15 19:15 Bart Oldeman
From: Bart Oldeman @ 2003-07-15 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi,

I uploaded a 1.1.5.5 patchset to http://www.dosemu.org/testing

1.1.5.1 adds support for SB16 (by Ben Davis) and fixes misc other things.

1.1.5.2 reorganizes the build system a little to allow to build DOSEMU in
a seperate object directory. DOSEMU can now also be built with newer
versions of flex such as 2.5.31.

1.1.5.3 includes Stas' reorganization of DOSEMU commands to use callbacks
instead of coopthreads and misc VGAEMU and other fixes. Also the
mysterious "buffered-stdio-when-it-should-be-buffered" problem got finally
solved.

1.1.5.4 finally integrates Eric Auer's and Witold Filipczyk's changes to
be able to use DOSEMU bitmap fonts in text mode using $_X_font = "". I
cleaned it up  a little and allowed for arbitrary rescaling of the text
mode X window  (just like the graphics window). Fullscreen text look a
little ugly though -- anyway you can use "c:\>xmode -font vga" at any
time or try to convince your X server to support a 720x400 resolution. I
dropped Eric's overscan stuff -- I think it's questionable, just a waste
of screen estate IMHO.

1.1.5.5 adds support for LFNs. This is experimental, but I compiled a
complete DJGPP libc with it so it can't be that bad. It's off by default
($_lfn_support).

I think almost all the big features and cleanups that realistically can
make it into 1.2.0 are in now, so we're really getting into bug fixing
mode. We are making a list containing all bugs that are release critical
-- please give some suggestions (apart from documentation!).

It may be that at this point v.1.1.5.3 is a little more stable than
1.1.5.5 because of all the changes in .4 and .5.

Warning: you have to replace your DOS helper commands (such as
exitemu.exe). "make install" does that automatically, but if you upgrade
by just replacing dosemu.bin then this is something to be keep in mind.
These new helpers are backwards compatible with older DOSEMUs but the old
helpers aren't forwards compatible with the newer versions.

Bart

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-15 19:15 UTC | newest]