* Dosemu 1.1.5.5 color faults under X
@ 2003-07-18 21:28 Bernhard Bialas
From: Bernhard Bialas @ 2003-07-18 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hello,
with the new dosemu 1.1.5.5 version some of my chess programs show completly
wrong colors under X (not in the console). So for example the menu text is
yellow instead black, squares grey instead brown, figures green insteas white
and so on.
This behaviour happens with some (tested: 6) chess programs (Zarkov2, Chess
Genius 5, Tascbase, Hiarcs 7, Chessmaster 3000). The other shows the colors
right. Strange is, that with the version 1.1.5.2 no such faults occures (with
the same dosemu.conf, no changes in X-related stuff).
My system is Kernel 2.4.20, gcc 3.3, KDE 3.1

Best regards
Bernhard

* Re: Dosemu 1.1.5.5 color faults under X
@ 2003-07-18 23:01 ` Bart Oldeman
From: Bart Oldeman @ 2003-07-18 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernhard Bialas; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Bernhard Bialas wrote:

> with the new dosemu 1.1.5.5 version some of my chess programs show completly
> wrong colors under X (not in the console). So for example the menu text is
> yellow instead black, squares grey instead brown, figures green insteas white
> and so on.
> This behaviour happens with some (tested: 6) chess programs (Zarkov2, Chess
> Genius 5, Tascbase, Hiarcs 7, Chessmaster 3000). The other shows the colors
> right. Strange is, that with the version 1.1.5.2 no such faults occures (with
> the same dosemu.conf, no changes in X-related stuff).

have a look at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=628504&group_id=49784&atid=457447

the patch seq.diff solved a colour problem with Jazz Jackrabbit but might
have caused your issue. Can you give it a try?

Apply reversed using
patch -p1 -R < seq.diff

Bart

* Re: Dosemu 1.1.5.5 color faults under X
@ 2003-07-20 15:01   ` Bernhard Bialas
From: Bernhard Bialas @ 2003-07-20 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Oldeman; +Cc: linux-msdos

> have a look at
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=628504&group_id=49
>784&atid=457447
>
> the patch seq.diff solved a colour problem with Jazz Jackrabbit but might
> have caused your issue. Can you give it a try?
> Apply reversed using
> patch -p1 -R < seq.diff
> Bart

I have applied he above mentioned patch but no changes in the dosemu
behaviour. The chess programs shows the same wrong colors.

Best regards
Bernhard

* Dosemu 1.1.5.5 color faults under X
@ 2003-07-21 20:13 Bernhard Bialas
From: Bernhard Bialas @ 2003-07-21 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos; +Cc: bartoldeman

I have made some additional tests.
The color faults under X occurs at first time under dosemu 1.1.5.4. The
previous version 1.1.5.3 works fine and don't show the color faults.
Hopefully this can help to found the bug.

Best regards
Bernhard