* Add commit 3f2cee73b650 ("USB: usbfs: allow URBs to be reaped after disconnection") to -stable
@ 2015-07-31 14:56 Alan Stern
From: Alan Stern @ 2015-07-31 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg:

The $SUBJECT commit was added in the 4.0 kernel, but I forgot to mark
it for inclusion in the -stable kernels.  The problem it fixes is a
nasty one, affecting people who use libusb: When a device is
disconnected while a libusb transfer is in progress, libusb never
receives a completion notification for the transfer.  This can result
in a hang or a segmentation error, depending on how the userspace
program tries to cope.

The patch may require some context adjustment before it will apply to
the longterm -stable trees, but I think it should be added.

Alan Stern

* Re: Add commit 3f2cee73b650 ("USB: usbfs: allow URBs to be reaped after disconnection") to -stable
@ 2015-07-31 17:01 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2015-07-31 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 10:56:20AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> Greg:
>
> The $SUBJECT commit was added in the 4.0 kernel, but I forgot to mark
> it for inclusion in the -stable kernels.  The problem it fixes is a
> nasty one, affecting people who use libusb: When a device is
> disconnected while a libusb transfer is in progress, libusb never
> receives a completion notification for the transfer.  This can result
> in a hang or a segmentation error, depending on how the userspace
> program tries to cope.
>
> The patch may require some context adjustment before it will apply to
> the longterm -stable trees, but I think it should be added.

Now queued up to 3.10 and 3.14-stable, thanks.

greg k-h

* Re: Add commit 3f2cee73b650 ("USB: usbfs: allow URBs to be reaped after disconnection") to -stable
@ 2015-08-10  9:14 ` Luis Henriques
From: Luis Henriques @ 2015-08-10  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 10:56:20AM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> Greg:
>
> The $SUBJECT commit was added in the 4.0 kernel, but I forgot to mark
> it for inclusion in the -stable kernels.  The problem it fixes is a
> nasty one, affecting people who use libusb: When a device is
> disconnected while a libusb transfer is in progress, libusb never
> receives a completion notification for the transfer.  This can result
> in a hang or a segmentation error, depending on how the userspace
> program tries to cope.
>
> The patch may require some context adjustment before it will apply to
> the longterm -stable trees, but I think it should be added.
>
> Alan Stern

Queuing it for the 3.16 kernel as well.  Thanks!

Cheers,
--
Lu�s