* Cpufreq hang
@ 2003-07-16 14:31 Johan Braennlund
From: Johan Braennlund @ 2003-07-16 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cpufreq

Hi! It seems like there's a bug in cpufreq in the 2.5 kernels.

When using recent 2.5-series kernels and running on battery, cpufreqd
locks up hard when it's started. If I run on AC power, everything works
fine.

If I use a 2.4 kernel, such as 2.4.20-wolk4.0s-rc3 everything works fine,
no matter whether I run off the battery or not.

When the machine hangs, nothing appears in the logs, it just locks up and
I have to power it off. I'm using an Acer Aspire with an Athlon XP 1800+
processor.

The version of cpufreqd I'm using is 1.0-1, installed as a debian package.
I've tried compiling from source, but the result is the same.

If there's anything I can do to pinpoint the bug, please let me know.

Regards,

Johan