From: Robert Komar <rkomar@telus.net>
To: linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 1.1.5.1-5 regressions and other bugs
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:13:20 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Stas Sergeev wrote:

> ... If you are unhappy with
> a performance setting the $_hogthreshold=(0),
> set it to another value, like 10, 50 etc.

I've tried playing Duke3D under dosemu with a
non-zero hogthreshold setting and always had
problems in the past.  I prefer playing with
the keyboard only, and sooner or later the
the framerate would suddenly drop drastically
(~ 1 frame per second) until I moved the mouse.
Then all would go back to normal for a while.
The times between the slowdowns would get longer
as I increased the hogthreshold, but would never
go away entirely.  Is this expected or a bug?

Speaking of Duke3D, I find that games that were
saved with older versions of dosemu (even 1.1.4)
usually start when running under newer versions,
but are very unstable.  Playing from a fresh start
works fine.  Again, is this expected or a bug?

Cheers,
Rob Komar