* creating headless device on 2.6.18
@ 2007-02-08 18:05 Alex Bounder
From: Alex Bounder @ 2007-02-08 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello, all.
 I'm trying to create a headless device based on kernel 2.6.18 (FEDORA
distro). What I need is to guarantee that LINUX kernel do not access
the graphical adapter (used by another OS).
My idea was to remove from .config everything that is graphic related.
Yet there are two flags, which are "irremovable". These are
:CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE and CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2. The only option for them is
[y]. Can anyone help me to get rid of them or suggest another way of
"blocking" the graphical adapter?
Thanks in advance,
 Alex.

* Re: creating headless device on 2.6.18
@ 2007-02-08 18:46 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2007-02-08 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Bounder; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Feb 8 2007 20:05, Alex Bounder wrote:
> Hello, all.
> I'm trying to create a headless device based on kernel 2.6.18 (FEDORA
> distro). What I need is to guarantee that LINUX kernel do not access
> the graphical adapter (used by another OS).
> My idea was to remove from .config everything that is graphic related.
> Yet there are two flags, which are "irremovable". These are
> :CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE and CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2. The only option for them is
> [y]. Can anyone help me to get rid of them or suggest another way of
> "blocking" the graphical adapter?

V4L2 is something different. Turn on EMBEDDED, then you should be able to
deactivate VGA_CONSOLE.

Jan

* Re: creating headless device on 2.6.18
@ 2007-02-11 17:08   ` Alex Bounder
From: Alex Bounder @ 2007-02-11 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Engelhardt; +Cc: linux-kernel

> V4L2 is something different. Turn on EMBEDDED, then you should be able to
> deactivate VGA_CONSOLE.
>

> Jan

Thanks,
 I really appreciate your answer, everything is working ok.