* git commit improvement request
@ 2005-12-13 19:49 Jon Nelson
From: Jon Nelson @ 2005-12-13 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

There is a small improvement I would like to see it 'git commit'.
I am using 0.99.9i at this moment.

If I perform a 'git commit' on a series of files, and then decide not to
perform the commit, I can back out of the operation with a blank commit
message. Additionally, it would be nice for git commit to recognize a
non-zero exit code theoretically indicating 'aborted commit'. In any
case, the problem is that, even though git /states/ that it has aborted
the commit due to the empty commit message, git diff /appears/ to show
that the commit took place. a 'git reset' takes care of things for me
but it was rather confusing at first and it seems counter-intuitive. I'm
hoping that the behavior here can be changed before 1.0 is released,
which I am in eager anticipation for.  Thanks!

--
Jon Nelson <jnelson-git@jamponi.net>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-13 19:54 UTC | newest]