* New web frontend: gitarella
@ 2006-06-25 10:13 Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2006-06-25 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git, flameeyes

Hi,

just to inform you I saw gitarella announced on freshmeat. It is inspired
by gitweb, but written in Ruby.

Ciao,
Dscho

* Re: New web frontend: gitarella
@ 2006-06-25 10:49 ` Marco Costalba
From: Marco Costalba @ 2006-06-25 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johannes Schindelin; +Cc: git, flameeyes

On 6/25/06, Johannes Schindelin <Johannes.Schindelin@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just to inform you I saw gitarella announced on freshmeat. It is inspired
> by gitweb, but written in Ruby.

It's amazing to see in how many different ways a lot of people try to
find an (almost the same) solution for (almost) the same problem. IMHO
this is one of the main differences between developing for fun and as
a day job.

Welcome abroad gitarella.

    Marco

P.S: BTW gitarella, pronounced with the 'gi'  like in 'giant' it means
"little trip" in Italian.

* Re: New web frontend: gitarella
@ 2006-06-25 13:47   ` Johannes Schindelin
From: Johannes Schindelin @ 2006-06-25 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Costalba; +Cc: git

Hi,

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Marco Costalba wrote:

> It's amazing to see in how many different ways a lot of people try to
> find an (almost the same) solution for (almost) the same problem. IMHO
> this is one of the main differences between developing for fun and as a
> day job.

Disagree. I was refactoring a C++ project recently, and we found no less
than 34 separate implementations of sorted arrays, _plus_ usage of the
STL to do the same job.

It does not depend on commercial or not, but it depends on a dedicated
benevolent dictator to keep things clean.

Ciao,
Dscho