* view nat mappings
@ 2006-02-02 14:17 Stephen Clark
From: Stephen Clark @ 2006-02-02 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

Hello List,

Does iptables have the capability to list out the actual nat
mappings/translations,
not just the rules that are currently active -
similar to the way FreeBSD's ipfilter/ipnat does?

I've perused the man pages and googled but was unable to find anything
that seemed
pertinent.

TIA,
Steve

* Re: view nat mappings
@ 2006-02-02 20:34 ` Krzysztof Oledzki
From: Krzysztof Oledzki @ 2006-02-02 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sclark46; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Stephen Clark wrote:

> Hello List,
Hello,

> Does iptables have the capability to list out the actual nat
> mappings/translations,
> not just the rules that are currently active -
Please use "conntrack -L" or "cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack" for older
kernels than 2.6.14.

Best regards,

 			Krzysztof Olędzki

PS: This is a devel ml.

* Re: view nat mappings
@ 2006-02-03 16:33 ` Pablo Neira Ayuso
From: Pablo Neira Ayuso @ 2006-02-03 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sclark46; +Cc: netfilter-devel

Stephen Clark wrote:
> Does iptables have the capability to list out the actual nat
> mappings/translations,
> not just the rules that are currently active -
> similar to the way FreeBSD's ipfilter/ipnat does?

So, if I understood well, you want to get only current nat'ted
connections, right?

If so, this is fairly easy to implement in the conntrack tool. Something
like `conntrack -L nat` to show all current nat'ed connections. Is this
really of interest for everyone?

--
Pablo

* Re: view nat mappings
@ 2006-02-03 18:04   ` Stephen Clark
From: Stephen Clark @ 2006-02-03 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Neira Ayuso; +Cc: sclark46, netfilter-devel

Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

>Stephen Clark wrote:
>

>>Does iptables have the capability to list out the actual nat
>>mappings/translations,
>>not just the rules that are currently active -
>>similar to the way FreeBSD's ipfilter/ipnat does?
>>

>So, if I understood well, you want to get only current nat'ted
>connections, right?
>
>If so, this is fairly easy to implement in the conntrack tool. Something
>like `conntrack -L nat` to show all current nat'ed connections. Is this
>really of interest for everyone?

Actually this is on an embedded system running uClinux 2.4.6, an
ActionTec DualPC Modem.
I am trying to use it as backup for ipsec traffic. Everything works
great until we have an interruption - like the phone connection drops
the vpn won't get reestablished. But when we
use an Apple Airport Extreme Base Station - the vpn get reestablished
with no problem. So it
seems ther is some state in the ActionTec modem/router - it is
performing masquerading - that keep the vpn from coming up. IT is really
strange because we get SA's (isakmp traffic) on both sides, but esp
traffic never gets across.

Steve
traffic doesn't