* anyone have latest dosemu running natively on x86_64?
@ 2006-12-29  1:40 Robert Komar
From: Robert Komar @ 2006-12-29  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

Hi all,
I built and installed dosemu (got with subversion) without problem,
but when running it, I get a segmentation fault before anything
appears on the screen.  Before I start looking into this in depth,
I wanted to know if anyone has dosemu working on a similar system.
I'm running a 64-bit Linux system on an x86_64 computer, with kernel
2.6.17.7.  I don't remember enabling any dosemu-specific options
when I built the kernel 3 months ago.  dosemu was built with the
default compiletime-settings (except that I turned off ASPI).
I don't want to waste my time if it turns out it wasn't supposed to
run anyway.

Cheers,
Rob Komar

* Re: anyone have latest dosemu running natively on x86_64?
@ 2006-12-30  4:52 ` Dave Phillips
From: Dave Phillips @ 2006-12-30  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Komar; +Cc: linux-msdos

Robert Komar wrote:

> I built and installed dosemu (got with subversion) without problem,
> but when running it, I get a segmentation fault before anything
> appears on the screen.  Before I start looking into this in depth,
> I wanted to know if anyone has dosemu working on a similar system.
> I'm running a 64-bit Linux system on an x86_64 computer, with kernel
> 2.6.17.7.  I don't remember enabling any dosemu-specific options
> when I built the kernel 3 months ago.  dosemu was built with the
> default compiletime-settings (except that I turned off ASPI).
> I don't want to waste my time if it turns out it wasn't supposed to
> run anyway.

Hi Rob,

Yes, I have it running on a 2.6.18 kernel, I built and installed it on
an AMD64 machine. I use it to run a MIDI sequencer from the late 1980s,
it works perfectly.

Best,

dp

* Re: anyone have latest dosemu running natively on x86_64?
@ 2006-12-30 22:55   ` Robert Komar
From: Robert Komar @ 2006-12-30 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Phillips; +Cc: linux-msdos

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Yes, I have it running on a 2.6.18 kernel, I built and installed it on an
> AMD64 machine. I use it to run a MIDI sequencer from the late 1980s, it works
> perfectly.

Hi Dave,
thanks for responding.  I'll start hacking around to see if I can find
the problem then.  I haven't run dosemu since I got my AMD64 box a year
and a half ago, and I'm starting to miss some of those old games.

Cheers,
Rob Komar

P.S.  Is any of the music you've created available on the net?