* CD/DVD-ROM: ide vs. libata
@ 2007-08-03 11:12 Grega Fajdiga
From: Grega Fajdiga @ 2007-08-03 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello, LKML,

I'm wondering if the old ide-cd from the ide subsystem is still
necessary to get a CD/DVD-ROM working or is there a libata driver
   available already,

Please CC me since I'm not subscribed.

Grega

* Re: CD/DVD-ROM: ide vs. libata
@ 2007-08-03 16:36 ` Cal Peake
From: Cal Peake @ 2007-08-03 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grega Fajdiga; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Grega Fajdiga wrote:

> Hello, LKML,
>
> I'm wondering if the old ide-cd from the ide subsystem is still
> necessary to get a CD/DVD-ROM working or is there a libata driver
>   available already,

Check the ATA menu in the kernel config to see if your controller has a
driver. If so, enable it, enable SCSI cdrom support, and disable the old
IDE stuff. If all goes well you should get /dev/sr0 which will be your new
cdrom device.

Cheers,
--
Cal Peake

* Re: CD/DVD-ROM: ide vs. libata
@ 2007-08-03 13:59 ` Grega Fajdiga
From: Grega Fajdiga @ 2007-08-03 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Pettersson; +Cc: linux-kernel

Mikael Pettersson pravi:

> If you use libata then you don't need anything from CONFIG_IDE,
> including ide-cd and ide-scsi.

Thanks for your answer

regards,
Grega