* (unknown)
@ 2007-11-11 13:08 Michael Dressel
From: Michael Dressel @ 2007-11-11 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

>Michael Dressel wrote:
>Ok nice. Another thing is that git-push will push all the tracking
>branches in refs/remotes/origin.

I learned that I only have to edit the .git/config file to avoid that
git-push pushes everything.

I modified the remotes names and added push lines explicitly.

Is that the recommended way?

In my example (git-branch -a -v):
* exp                 aa854c6 shtest 4
  master              34924b9 mastertest 1
  origin/exp          aa854c6 shtest 4
  origin/master       b68e7a9 brt master 1

I used the following .git/config:
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin1"]
        url = /home/repo/src
        fetch = +refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
        push = +refs/heads/master:refs/heads/master
[remote "origin2"]
        url = /home/repo/src
        fetch = +refs/heads/exp:refs/remotes/origin/exp
        push = +refs/heads/exp:refs/heads/exp
[branch "master"]
        remote = origin1
        merge = refs/heads/master
[branch "exp"]
        remote = origin2
        merge = refs/heads/exp

Cheers,
Michael

* Re: cogito remote branch
@ 2007-11-11 13:11 Michael Dressel
From: Michael Dressel @ 2007-11-11 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

@ 2007-11-10 12:35 Michael Dressel
From: Michael Dressel @ 2007-11-10 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jnareb; +Cc: git

Jakub Narebski wrote:
>If you mean that tracking branches are updated on push, this is what
>git also does from some time (perhaps not in released version, so please
>wait or run 'master').

Ok nice. Another thing is that git-push will push all the tracking
branches in refs/remotes/origin.

I was wondering if it was possible to have some cogito like wrapper
scripts (lets say kg-...) for git again which would use the git commands
with some arguments in order to resemble the cogito behavior
even more closely. But it dawned on me that this would most likely end up
in a rather large amount of script code again.

Cheers,
Michael

* cogito remote branch
@ 2007-11-09 13:16 MichaelTiloDressel
From: MichaelTiloDressel @ 2007-11-09 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,

I just saw the scripts cg-update, cg-push ..  scripts try to guess a
branch name functioning as origin if no argument is given. These scripts
seam to use a branch named <branchname>-origin if it exists and the
current
branch is named <branchname> and is not the branch named master.

I like that feature. Is it anywhere documented?

In case there is no branch named <branchname>-origin the scripts just
use origin even if the current branch is not master. I would prefer the
scripts to fail in this case and to print a message asking the user to
specifically name a branch.

Cheers,
Michael