* write(2) / SIGXFSZ
@ 2010-03-04  0:14 Ersek, Laszlo
From: Ersek, Laszlo @ 2010-03-04  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Kerrisk / Linux man-pages; +Cc: linux-man-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi,

we were having a discussion in the comp.unix.programmer Usenet newsgroup,
starting with Message-ID:
<e8e1cb1d-9693-4803-bf29-b4828de384e0-nbjlO0B5Z98wq+9lhVFwFGB/v6IoIuQBVpNB7YpNyf8@public.gmane.org>.
Consequently, I'd like to report two bugs (in separate e-mails):

(1/2) write(2) does not mention SIGXFSZ, even though Linux (the kernel)
does generate SIGXFSZ for the thread calling write(), when appropriate.

SUSv[234] links for write(2):

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908775/xsh/write.html
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/functions/write.html
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/write.html

I'm using the manpages-dev package, version 3.05-1, under Debian Lenny.
However, before sending this report, I've verified the bug's existence in
the online page under

http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man2/write.2.html

If this goes anywhere on linux-man@vger, please keep me CC'd.

Thank you very much,
lacos

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-03-04  0:14 UTC | newest]