* Auto-striping feature
@ 2011-01-25 11:53 Tatsuya Kawano
From: Tatsuya Kawano @ 2011-01-25 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi,

I have some questions about auto-striping feature in Ceph.

- What is the default striping size?
- How can I specify the striping size for a specific file (via libceph and kernel driver)?
- How many PGs will be involved on striping one file.

I'm writing several files to Ceph and the size of each file will be about 64MB. There will be 10 to 20 OSDs in the cluster. I wonder how each file will be divided into objects and how these objects will be distributed in the cluster.

Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)
Tokyo, Japan