* linux hotplug SF website
@ 2009-03-05  9:41 Rob Desbois
From: Rob Desbois @ 2009-03-05  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

Hi,

Apologies for putting this on the list -- I did try the linux-hotplug-devel list but doesn't seem to be any activity there.

The website http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/ looks great but isn't working; the internal links on the LHS which point to /?selected=foo don't go anywhere but remain on the front page.

Any suggestions? I was looking for a good guide to the user mode s/w and subsystems.

TIA,
--rob

* Re: linux hotplug SF website
@ 2009-03-05 19:18 ` Leandro Dorileo
From: Leandro Dorileo @ 2009-03-05 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hotplug

Hi Rob

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Rob Desbois <rob.desbois@chronos.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies for putting this on the list -- I did try the linux-hotplug-devel list but doesn't seem to be any activity there.

yes, linux-hotplug-devel mailing list is not been used any more, it
was moved to vger since august 2007[1].

> The website http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/ looks great but isn't working; the internal links on the LHS which point to /?selected=foo don't go anywhere but remain on the front page.

I guess it`s not been maintained just like the mailing list.

> Any suggestions? I was looking for a good guide to the user mode s/w and subsystems.

If you want docs about "Writing udev rules" you can find it in the
source code /doc folder or(as pointed by the file in that folder) on
the web[2].

Lwn has published some articles about udev design and motivation, you
may find something useful.

Hope I have helped.

[1] - http://marc.info/?l=linux-hotplug&m\x119554189818396&w=2
[2] - http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html