* Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
@ 2020-01-22  7:40 Majordomo
From: Majordomo @ 2020-01-22  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mm

--

Someone (possibly you) has requested that your email address be added

If you really want this action to be taken, please send the following
commands (exactly as shown) back to "Majordomo@vger.kernel.org":

	auth 283bb840 subscribe linux-kernel linux-mm@kvack.org

If you do not want this action to be taken, simply ignore this message
and the request will be disregarded.

If your mailer will not allow you to send the entire command as a single
line, you may split it using backslashes, like so:

        auth 283bb840 subscribe linux-kernel \
        linux-mm@kvack.org

If you have any questions about the policy of the list owner, please
contact "linux-kernel-approval@vger.kernel.org".

Thanks!

Majordomo@vger.kernel.org

* Re: Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
@ 2020-01-22 16:54 ` Noah Evans
From: Noah Evans @ 2020-01-22 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Majordomo; +Cc: linux-mm

    auth 283bb840 subscribe linux-kernel linux-mm@kvack.org
Noah

       [not found] <S932562AbVKRGvR/20051118065117Z+14@vger.kernel.org>
@ 2005-11-18  9:48 ` peng chen
From: peng chen @ 2005-11-18  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

@ 2005-07-06  4:07 Bhagyashri Bijwe
From: Bhagyashri Bijwe @ 2005-07-06  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

   Ms Bhagyashri Bijwe
     Project Eng.
     Networking and Internet Software Group,
     Centre for Research and Development,
     Pune,India
     Ph.25694000 Ext-484/462
     B.E.( Computer Sci. and Engg. )

* Re: Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
@ 2003-12-23 16:12 ` Matti Aarnio
From: Matti Aarnio @ 2003-12-23 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Sigh..

This request originator had  'Reply-To:  linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org'
header added by his KMail ...   Sure it is fine header in some
situations, but now it bites remorselessly...

@ 2003-12-23 16:02 Majordomo
From: Majordomo @ 2003-12-23 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

--

@ 2003-08-19 17:33   ` David Benfell
From: David Benfell @ 2003-08-19 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:53:41 +0000, Weston M. Price wrote:
> Arghhghgh!!!!!!! Looking at it this was probably my screw up, I forgot to cut
> the name of the kernel list out of my subscribe message....
>
> Guys, I am truly sorry....
>
> Let, the beatdown commence!

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.  But I don't think that's how
it works.

You would have had to have sent a command something like:

	subscribe linux-kernel linux-newbie@vger.kernel.org

That's not an accident.  So I'm assuming you didn't do it.

Majordomo is designed to handle multiple mailing lists, so it's
entirely okay to send multiple commands in one e-mail to majordomo,
like:

	subscribe linux-kernel
	subscribe linux-newbie

You can respond to the confirmations with a single e-mail as well, by
combining the required confirm commands into a single e-mail.  And if
you're in the habit of putting a sig block at the end of your e-mails,
you can even tell majordomo to ignore it by inserting an 'end'
command after your commands to it.

I don't choose majordomo for the mailing lists I administer, but I
have to admit, it has some cool features.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell@parts-unknown.org

* Re: Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-08-19  9:50 ` nc8q
From: nc8q @ 2003-08-19  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Miller; +Cc: Linux-Newbie list

James Miller wrote:

> Did anyone else onlist get this email asking if you tried to sub to the
> linux-kernel list?

 Yes.

>     I did, even though I did *not* try to sub to that
> list.  The headers seem to indicate that the message was sent to the
> linux-newbie list from linux-newbie-owner, which makes me believe that
> probably everyone onlist got it.  If so, why?  Is this a mistake on the
> part of the list admin, an indicatation that the list has been hacked, a
> sick mockery of our paltry tech prowess, a result of the northeast power
> outage, or what?

 I plead ignorance and apathy.

@ 2003-08-19  8:53 ` Weston M. Price
From: Weston M. Price @ 2003-08-19  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

Arghhghgh!!!!!!! Looking at it this was probably my screw up, I forgot to cut
the name of the kernel list out of my subscribe message....

Guys, I am truly sorry....

Let, the beatdown commence!

Regards,

Weston

@ 2003-08-19  6:18     ` cr
From: cr @ 2003-08-19  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Linux-Newbie list'

Umm.   [Checks date].     Nope, it isn't April 1st in any time zone, is it?
;)

cr

On Tuesday 19 August 2003 10:51, Jaime Santana wrote:
> It seems that someone tried tu subscribe "linux-newbie@vger.kernel.org"
> to that list.
>
> Jaime.

-

* Re: Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
@ 2003-08-19  1:57     ` Adam Luchjenbroers
From: Adam Luchjenbroers @ 2003-08-19  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

On Tuesday 19 Aug 2003 8:21 am, Jaime Santana wrote:
> It seems that someone tried tu subscribe "linux-newbie@vger.kernel.org"
> to that list.

The walls of spam that would have resulted if they succeeded :P

Looks like it's been prevented.

--
"They're just using religion as an excuse to be really crappy to each other."
- Dave Lister, Red Dwarf

-

* Re: Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
@ 2003-08-18 23:44 ` Kirk Bailey
From: Kirk Bailey @ 2003-08-18 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

yuppers, sure did. In all due respect, WTF, over?

James Miller wrote:

> Did anyone else onlist get this email asking if you tried to sub to the
> linux-kernel list?  I did, even though I did *not* try to sub to that
> list.  The headers seem to indicate that the message was sent to the
> linux-newbie list from linux-newbie-owner, which makes me believe that
> probably everyone onlist got it.  If so, why?  Is this a mistake on the
> part of the list admin, an indicatation that the list has been hacked, a
> sick mockery of our paltry tech prowess, a result of the northeast power
> outage, or what?
>
> James

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey

  +                              think                                +
   http://www.howlermonkey.net  +-----+        http://www.tinylist.org
   http://www.listville.net     | BOX |  http://www.sacredelectron.org
   Thou art free"-ERIS          +-----+     'Got a light?'-Promethieus
  +                              think                                +

Fnord.

-

* RE: Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
@ 2003-08-18 22:51   ` Jaime Santana
From: Jaime Santana @ 2003-08-18 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Linux-Newbie list'

It seems that someone tried tu subscribe "linux-newbie@vger.kernel.org"
to that list.

Jaime.

Yups. I got it too and I too hadn;t tried to subscribe to that list.

Anshuman

> Did anyone else onlist get this email asking if you tried to sub to
> the linux-kernel list?  I did, even though I did *not* try to sub to
> that list.  The headers seem to indicate that the message was sent to
> the linux-newbie list from linux-newbie-owner, which makes me believe
> that probably everyone onlist got it.  If so, why?  Is this a mistake
> on the part of the list admin, an indicatation that the list has been
> hacked, a sick mockery of our paltry tech prowess, a result of the
> northeast power outage, or what?
>
> James

in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo
info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

-

* Re: Confirmation for subscribe linux-kernel
@ 2003-08-18 22:48 ` Anshuman S Rawat
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Anshuman S Rawat @ 2003-08-18 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Newbie list

Yups. I got it too and I too hadn;t tried to subscribe to that list.

Anshuman

> Did anyone else onlist get this email asking if you tried to sub to the
> linux-kernel list?  I did, even though I did *not* try to sub to that
> list.  The headers seem to indicate that the message was sent to the
> linux-newbie list from linux-newbie-owner, which makes me believe that
> probably everyone onlist got it.  If so, why?  Is this a mistake on the
> part of the list admin, an indicatation that the list has been hacked, a
> sick mockery of our paltry tech prowess, a result of the northeast power
> outage, or what?
>
> James

@ 2003-08-18 22:39 James Miller
                   ` (3 more replies)

@ 2003-08-18 22:28 Majordomo
From: Majordomo @ 2003-08-18 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-newbie

--

	auth 2243b61e subscribe linux-kernel linux-newbie@vger.kernel.org

@ 2003-01-20 20:30 ` David Ford
From: David Ford @ 2003-01-20 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

How about including the Sender's info so we can publically ridicule them? :)

David

@ 2003-01-20 15:29 Majordomo
From: Majordomo @ 2003-01-20 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel