* [Buildroot] Patching U-Boot
@ 2021-08-11 13:42 Michael John
From: Michael John @ 2021-08-11 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hello,

I'm trying to add some project specific patches for u-boot. I've created the <global-patch-dir>/uboot directory with my patch inside that. I've exported BR2_GLOBAL_PATCH_DIR and set it to this path of <global-patch-dir>. When I run make on buildroot it downloads u-boot and then configures and starts building, skipping any patching. What am I missing in order to get my patches applied to u-boot?

Thanks,
Michael

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, by you is strictly prohibited.

* Re: [Buildroot] Patching U-Boot
@ 2021-08-23 19:50 ` Arnout Vandecappelle
From: Arnout Vandecappelle @ 2021-08-23 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael John, buildroot

On 11/08/2021 15:42, Michael John wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I’m trying to add some project specific patches for u-boot. I’ve created the
> <global-patch-dir>/uboot directory with my patch inside that. I’ve exported
> BR2_GLOBAL_PATCH_DIR and set it to this path of <global-patch-dir>. When I run

 That should work. However, when you say "export", you do mean that you set
BR2_GLOBAL_PATCH_DIR in the Buildroot config, right? It's not taken from the
environment, only from the config.

 Regards,
 Arnout