* [Fuego] Regarding jenkins version upgrade
       [not found] <CGME20190702102543epcms5p724d5613c1ccbaef5bbc73e4b8603cf4d@epcms5p7>
@ 2019-07-02 10:25 ` Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram @ 2019-07-02 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

[-- Attachment #2: 201602111742151_N3WZA6X7.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 33527 bytes --]

* Re: [Fuego] Regarding jenkins version upgrade
@ 2019-07-02 23:49   ` Tim.Bird
       [not found]   ` <CGME20190702102543epcms5p724d5613c1ccbaef5bbc73e4b8603cf4d@epcms5p6>
       [not found]   ` <CGME20190702102543epcms5p724d5613c1ccbaef5bbc73e4b8603cf4d@epcms5p1>
From: Tim.Bird @ 2019-07-02 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dhinakar.k, fuego

The Fuego 1.5 release includes an update of the base distribution from Debian
'jessie' to Debian 'stretch'.  It also includes an update to Jenkins version 2.164.1.

I think updating to this will be the easiest way to update Jenkins, given
our hardcoding of Jenkins plugin versions to avoid plugin breakage for
Fuego users.

You can find the latest version of the pre-1.5 release in the next branch
on bitbucket.  It would be great if you could check it out and let us know
if it solves your plugin issues.

 -- Tim

@ 2019-07-03 13:15     ` Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram
From: Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram @ 2019-07-03 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird; +Cc: fuego

[-- Attachment #2: 201602111742151_N3WZA6X7.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 33527 bytes --]

* Re: [Fuego] Regarding jenkins version upgrade
       [not found]   ` <CGME20190702102543epcms5p724d5613c1ccbaef5bbc73e4b8603cf4d@epcms5p1>
@ 2019-07-08 13:41     ` Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram @ 2019-07-08 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird; +Cc: fuego

[-- Attachment #2: Type: image/gif, Size: 13402 bytes --]

* Re: [Fuego] Regarding jenkins version upgrade
@ 2019-07-09  0:31       ` Motai.Hirotaka
       [not found]       ` <CGME20190702102543epcms5p724d5613c1ccbaef5bbc73e4b8603cf4d@epcms5p4>
From: Motai.Hirotaka @ 2019-07-09  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dhinakar.k; +Cc: fuego

Hi Dhinakar,

Fuego stable (main branch) has fixed debian URL.
Please see: https://bitbucket.org/fuegotest/fuego/commits/b5b69307f836c7bef2a59a45493923fb25aa3995

Regards, -- Hirotaka MOTAI

Sender : Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram <dhinakar.k@samsung.com> Staff Engineer/FDS SW /SSIR/Samsung Electronics
Date : 2019-07-03 18:45 (GMT+5:30)
Title : RE: RE: Regarding jenkins version upgrade

Sure Tim, I will checkout Fuego 1.5 release and get back to you with the results.
But I have project where I cannot upgrade Fuego right now, I only want git and gerrit plugins to be installed.
Is there an alternate option (offline) where I can selectively install plugins supported by the current Jenkins version?

Regards,
Dhinakar

Title : RE: Regarding jenkins version upgrade

@ 2019-07-09  6:14       ` Tim.Bird
       [not found]       ` <CGME20190702102543epcms5p724d5613c1ccbaef5bbc73e4b8603cf4d@epcms5p4>
From: Tim.Bird @ 2019-07-09  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dhinakar.k; +Cc: fuego

Hi Dhinakar,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

I'm confused, because Fuego version 1.5 (in the next branch), uses
Debian 'stretch', not 'jessie'.  So I don't know where that path is coming from.
If you look in the Fuego 1.5 Dockerfile, on lines 25 and 26, it sets up
/etc/apt/sources.list to use deb.debian.org for the 'stretch' release.

Also, on line 7, we start with a base docker image of debian:stretch-slim

Something's not right.  Can you tell me the steps you used to clone
the 'next' branch and start the install?

> I have tried after 'apt-get update' as well.
I don't think 'apt-get update' on your host system would affect this.
This is something with the Docker build, and the base image (stretch-sliim)
and package update command that comes out of the Dockerfile.

> Do you have any clue about this issue?

I need more information to help diagnose the problem.

> ……………..

> Step 11/60 : RUN if [ -n "$HTTP_PROXY" ]; then echo 'Acquire::http::proxy
> "'$HTT
> P_PROXY'";' > /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/80proxy; fi
>  ---> Using cache
>  ---> 49eaab724b77
I would have been good to see the steps just before Step 11.  The two preceding
steps are where the Dockerfile sets up the /etc/apt/sources.list.

Can you send a more complete log that includes these steps? (or just the whole log up
to the error)?

Thanks,
 -- Tim

@ 2019-07-09 10:32     ` Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram