* [Fuego] Options for Fuego meeting in June, in Tokyo
@ 2018-05-07 21:25 Tim.Bird
From: Tim.Bird @ 2018-05-07 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego

Hello Fuego community,

There will be a number of Fuego users and developers in Tokyo, Japan
in June of this year, at the Automotive Linux Summit.  I think it would be
good to plan a side meeting to discuss the current status and roadmap
for Fuego, among the interested parties.

Note that there are already 3 testing talks scheduled for ALS.  They are in
consecutive sessions in room Hall B-1 on Thursday, June 21.
 - Fuego Test System Status Update - Tim Bird
 - Primer: Testing Your AGL - Yocto ptest, Lava Jobs and more - Jan-simon Moeller
 - Establish an Automated Testing Lab for AGL - Liu Wenlong

We can either arrange an offsite meeting, at the Sony Creative Lounge at Sony
headquarters in Shinagawa (which could be up to 4 to 5 hours), or try to schedule a meeting
at the event center (like request an evening BOF or something), for 1 hour.

Here are the options:
1 - have a meeting at Sony Creative Lounge on Tuesday, June 19 (mid-day)
2 - have a Birds of a Feather session on Thursday, June 21 (evening)
3 - have a Birds of a Feather session on Friday, June 22 (evening)
4 - have a meeting at the Sony Creative Lounge on Saturday, June 23 (morning)

There is an onsite reception Thursday night, so for option 2 we would either have
to conflict with that, or have our meeting late (starting at 19:00).  Maybe starting
at 18:00 or 18:30 (overlapping some) would be OK?

I'm confident I can get the Sony meeting room, but not so sure about the
evening meeting room at the conference venue.

Please let me know your preference, and I'll try to arrange a meeting.   My preference
would be to do something at the conference venue. That seems most convenient,
but gives us less time.  Let me know what you think.

 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] Options for Fuego meeting in June, in Tokyo
@ 2018-05-10  1:56 ` Daniel Sangorrin
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Daniel Sangorrin @ 2018-05-10  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird, fuego

Hi Tim,

On June 19, I will have a separate meeting during the morning.
Maybe I could attend in the afternoon around 14:00.

> 2 - have a Birds of a Feather session on Thursday, June 21 (evening)
> 3 - have a Birds of a Feather session on Friday, June 22 (evening)
> 4 - have a meeting at the Sony Creative Lounge on Saturday, June 23 (morning)

Any of these three work for me.

> There is an onsite reception Thursday night, so for option 2 we would either have
> to conflict with that, or have our meeting late (starting at 19:00).  Maybe starting
> at 18:00 or 18:30 (overlapping some) would be OK?
>
> I'm confident I can get the Sony meeting room, but not so sure about the
> evening meeting room at the conference venue.
>
> Please let me know your preference, and I'll try to arrange a meeting.   My
> preference
> would be to do something at the conference venue. That seems most convenient,
> but gives us less time.  Let me know what you think.

No special preference from my side. Meeting during some break is also fine.

Thanks,
Daniel

* Re: [Fuego] Options for Fuego meeting in June, in Tokyo
@ 2018-05-10 17:09   ` Tim.Bird
       [not found]   ` <CGME20180514185253epcas5p43aac882e41cea0e4e3e83c968ac7fa9c@epcms5p6>
From: Tim.Bird @ 2018-05-10 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: daniel.sangorrin, fuego

Thanks for getting back with feedback.

I heard back from the ALS/OSSJ organizers, and they said that the venue availability
is constrained on times.  We can't do anything after 19:00 on Thursday, or 17:00 on Friday.
That means we either overlap (some) with the reception, or meet during a break.
They did say that if a session room doesn't end up being used (a speaker doesn't show),
we could use that slot for a BOF.  But we wouldn't know that until the last minute.

I'm going to plan to do the following:
 - Have something at the Sony Creative Lounge on Tuesday, June 19.  Maybe from 1:00 to 5:00.
The first 2 hours could be some Fuego introduction and basic training.  Then from 3:00 to 4:00
get presentations from people using Fuego or JTA, and hear what their issues are, what they
are doing that no one else is with Fuego, and what they'd like to see next.
Then at 4:00 I'd like to show my status and roadmap, and then have a brainstorming session on
next steps.  For simplicity I'll refer to this as the Fuego Jamboree.

- On Thursday, June 21, I'll plan to do a short BOF session at ALS from 18:30 to 19:00.  This would
be open to ALS/OSSJ attendees, and would overlap the last half hour of the attendee reception.

We can plan additional "hallway track" meetings at ALS/OSSJ as the need arises.
We might plan something on Friday, to discuss issues raised at the Jamboree or BOF, or the ALS
testing sessions, to determine priorities for work over the summer.  This would only be scheduled
if we hadn't covered everything in the earlier meetings, and would be limited to small groups
of Fuego lead contributors.

I'll make arrangements for these, and then send out a request for mini-sessions and lightning talks
for the meetings.

@ 2018-05-14  8:40 ` Liu, Wenlong
From: Liu, Wenlong @ 2018-05-14  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird, fuego

Option 3 will be better for us.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Best regards
Liu

@ 2018-05-14  9:00   ` Khiem Nguyen
From: Khiem Nguyen @ 2018-05-14  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim.Bird; +Cc: fuego

Hi Tim et al.,

Thanks for your invitation.

> > There will be a number of Fuego users and developers in Tokyo, Japan
> > in June of this year, at the Automotive Linux Summit.  I think it
> > would be good to plan a side meeting to discuss the current status and
> > roadmap for Fuego, among the interested parties.
> >
> > Note that there are already 3 testing talks scheduled for ALS.  They
> > are in consecutive sessions in room Hall B-1 on Thursday, June 21.
> >  - Fuego Test System Status Update - Tim Bird
> >  - Primer: Testing Your AGL - Yocto ptest, Lava Jobs and more -
> > Jan-simon Moeller
> >  - Establish an Automated Testing Lab for AGL - Liu Wenlong
> >
> > We can either arrange an offsite meeting, at the Sony Creative Lounge
> > at Sony headquarters in Shinagawa (which could be up to 4 to 5 hours),
> > or try to schedule a meeting at the event center (like request an
> > evening BOF or something), for 1 hour.
> >
> > Here are the options:
> > 1 - have a meeting at Sony Creative Lounge on Tuesday, June 19
> > (mid-day)
> > 2 - have a Birds of a Feather session on Thursday, June 21 (evening)
> > 3 - have a Birds of a Feather session on Friday, June 22 (evening)
> > 4 - have a meeting at the Sony Creative Lounge on Saturday, June 23
> > (morning)
> >
> > There is an onsite reception Thursday night, so for option 2 we would
> > either have to conflict with that, or have our meeting late (starting at 19:00).
> > Maybe starting at 18:00 or 18:30 (overlapping some) would be OK?

Option 3 or 4 is OK for me.
It would be fruitful discussion since many people are involving into Fuego discussion recently.

> > I'm confident I can get the Sony meeting room, but not so sure about
> > the evening meeting room at the conference venue.
> >
> > Please let me know your preference, and I'll try to arrange a meeting.   My
> > preference
> > would be to do something at the conference venue. That seems most
> > convenient, but gives us less time.  Let me know what you think.

I guess people might bring some demonstration or hardware stuffs into the meeting.
We might look into those demos and have more discussion.

Best regards,
KHIEM Nguyen

* Re: [Fuego] Options for Fuego meeting in June, in Tokyo
@ 2018-05-14 18:52   ` Tim.Bird
       [not found]   ` <CGME20180514185253epcas5p43aac882e41cea0e4e3e83c968ac7fa9c@epcms5p6>
From: Tim.Bird @ 2018-05-14 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: daniel.sangorrin, fuego

OK - after receiving more feedback, and constraints from the ALS/OSSJ
organizers, I'm scrapping the plan below, and going with a new plan
(further below).  See below for details.

OK - heard back more from ALS/OSSJ staff, and there's really no option for
meetings in the evenings.  Their contract with sponsors prevents them from
holding anything at the same time as the sponsor showcase.  Given that
Khiem and Daniel can meet on Saturday, I think I'd like to push for that
date, at the Sony Creative Lounge (instead of on Tuesday as I previously
proposed).

Nothing is finalized yet, though.  Let me check on some things and send details.
I like Khiem's idea to have some demos there.  The Sony Loungs is a good space
for this kind of thing.

I'll work with Sony and see what we can get set up.  Then notify you all of
plans.

Regards,

@ 2018-05-15  1:21     ` Daniel Sangorrin
From: Daniel Sangorrin @ 2018-05-15  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
> OK - after receiving more feedback, and constraints from the ALS/OSSJ
> organizers, I'm scrapping the plan below, and going with a new plan
> (further below).  See below for details.

OK, thanks for organizing it.

Daniel

@ 2018-05-15  5:01     ` Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram
From: Dhinakar Kalyanasundaram @ 2018-05-15  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)