* [meta-security] AppArmor 2.11 no longer available on Ubuntu archive (sumo branch)
@ 2019-06-07  7:51 Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy)
From: Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy) @ 2019-06-07  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

We are building with meta-security (from sumo branch) which currently uses v2.11 of AppArmor, it seems overnight that the source archive has been removed from the Ubuntu archives. Does anyone know if this is a deliberate action, or if not who to contact to get it put back.

Peter Smith

Senior Emerging Technologies Engineer
Grid Solutions
GE Renewable Energy

-NON PUBLIC-

* Re: [meta-security] AppArmor 2.11 no longer available on Ubuntu archive (sumo branch)
@ 2019-06-07 10:09 ` Burton, Ross
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Burton, Ross @ 2019-06-07 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy); +Cc: yocto

That is deliberate and by design, recipes shouldn't fetch from
Debian/Ubuntu archives for this reason.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-security/commit/?id=462d76700a3c2748067d4685db8985c511b1b46c
is a patch to master that needs to be backported to warrior/thud/sumo.

Ross

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 11:07, Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy)
<peter.t.smith@ge.com> wrote:

> We are building with meta-security (from sumo branch) which currently uses v2.11 of AppArmor, it seems overnight that the source archive has been removed from the Ubuntu archives. Does anyone know if this is a deliberate action, or if not who to contact to get it put back.
>

> Peter Smith
>

> Senior Emerging Technologies Engineer
>
> Grid Solutions
>
> GE Renewable Energy
>

> -NON PUBLIC-

* Re: EXT: Re: [meta-security] AppArmor 2.11 no longer available on Ubuntu archive (sumo branch)
@ 2019-06-07 10:21   ` Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy)
From: Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy) @ 2019-06-07 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

Many thanks, situation understood.

@ 2019-06-07 10:27     ` Herman van Hazendonk
From: Herman van Hazendonk @ 2019-06-07 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy); +Cc: yocto

Hi Peter,

You can find all tags at https://gitlab.com/apparmor/apparmor/tags and
update the recipe in a similar way for your (sumo) build.

Hope this helps!

Herman

@ 2019-06-07 16:02   ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2019-06-07 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross, Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy); +Cc: yocto

On 6/7/19 3:09 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> That is deliberate and by design, recipes shouldn't fetch from
> Debian/Ubuntu archives for this reason.
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-security/commit/?id=462d76700a3c2748067d4685db8985c511b1b46c
> is a patch to master that needs to be backported to warrior/thud/sumo.
should poke that maintainer ; )

@ 2019-06-10 14:47   ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2019-06-10 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross, Smith, Peter1 (GE Renewable Energy); +Cc: yocto

On 6/7/19 3:09 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> That is deliberate and by design, recipes shouldn't fetch from
> Debian/Ubuntu archives for this reason.
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-security/commit/?id=462d76700a3c2748067d4685db8985c511b1b46c
> is a patch to master that needs to be backported to warrior/thud/sumo.

working on propagating this change to the other branches.

- armin