* [U-Boot] Boot Linux using EFI environment from u-boot
@ 2019-07-10  4:06 Poonam Aggrwal
From: Poonam Aggrwal @ 2019-07-10  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Alex

I am not sure, but it seems it is possible to boot Linux from u-boot using EFI environment.
So what I intend to do is that without using UEFI , if I can boot Linux and make EFI variables available for Linux.

Can you please help me on how I can use this configuration.

Many Thanks
Poonam

* [U-Boot] Boot Linux using EFI environment from u-boot
@ 2019-07-10  4:09 ` Poonam Aggrwal
From: Poonam Aggrwal @ 2019-07-10  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Corrected the email address of Alex.

@ 2019-07-10  4:13   ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2019-07-10  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 12:09 PM Poonam Aggrwal <poonam.aggrwal@nxp.com> wrote:

> Corrected the email address of Alex.

Please check README.uefi

Regards,
Bin

* [U-Boot] Boot Linux using EFI environment from u-boot
@ 2019-07-10  8:30   ` Alexander Graf
From: Alexander Graf @ 2019-07-10  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 10.07.19 06:09, Poonam Aggrwal wrote:
> Corrected the email address of Alex.

Linux will only have access to UEFI variables through the UEFI Runtime
Services which again are only provided to the OS when it is booted
through the "bootefi" command.

Keep in mind that UEFI variable services are currently work in progress
and may or may not fit your needs just yet.

Alex

* [U-Boot] Boot Linux using EFI environment from u-boot
@ 2019-07-10 11:28     ` Poonam Aggrwal
From: Poonam Aggrwal @ 2019-07-10 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Thanks Bin,

I went over it.,thanks!.
It seems I can run grub.efi on u-boot and that would boot Linux.
Let me try this...