* [fetch2/gitsm] Potential bug with whitespaces in URLs
@ 2020-06-22 14:56 Joschka Seydell
From: Joschka Seydell @ 2020-06-22 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel

Hey everyone.

I'm currently trying to migrate an existing (building) project from sumo to zeus and experienced build failures in the fetch step. I tracked it down to the following issue:

When the URL of a git repo (with some submodules in it) contains whitespaces, the gitsm fetcher will fail to clone it. The 'url' parameter is correctly passed to the Fetch class, but 'path', 'localpath', 'clonedir' or 'fullmirror' are set (somewhere) without proper URL escaping (i.e. %20).

Did someone experience this issue before? Was there some major change in the behavior of gitsm between sumo (working) and zeus (failing)? Where can I find some breadcrumbs how to fix it and contribute?

EDIT1: I just found out this has been (partially) discussed before here: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/bitbake-devel/message/10318. Unfortunately, there's no fix in place yet.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Joschka Seydell

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-22 14:56 UTC | newest]